Installation doesn't install Delphi component

Hello,

I buyed a new notebook with Windows 11 and installed the RAD Studio 12.1. After this I installed the Steema package 1.18.
Unfortunately, it didn’t istall the Delphi components. I removed Delphi and tried also Rad Studio 12.3, I also tried Steema package 1.15, but I always got the same result: the setup doesn’t install the Delphi TeeGrid Component.
It seems that there is a compilation error. This is the content of the log:

Der Buildvorgang wurde am 10.11.2025 12:51:23 gestartet.
__________________________________________________
Projekt C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeGrid for VCL & FMX Registered version-1.15\Sources\Packages\TeeGrid.dproj (Make-Ziel(e)):
__BuildRCFile-Ziel:
    _BuildRCFile-Ziel:
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018: Unerwarteter Fehler bei der CreateRcFile-Aufgabe.
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeGrid for VCL & FMX Registered version-1.15\Sources\Packages\TeeGrid.vrc" wurde verweigert.
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei Borland.Build.Tasks.Shared.CreateRcFile.WriteWindowsRC()
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei Borland.Build.Tasks.Shared.CreateRcFile.Execute()
        c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)
    Erstellen des _BuildRCFile-Ziels in Projekt TeeGrid.dproj beendet - Fehler beim Erstellen.
Erstellen des __BuildRCFile-Ziels in Projekt TeeGrid.dproj beendet - Fehler beim Erstellen.
Erstellen des Projekts TeeGrid.dproj beendet - Fehler beim Erstellen.
Fehler beim Erstellen.
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018: Unerwarteter Fehler bei der CreateRcFile-Aufgabe.
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeGrid for VCL & FMX Registered version-1.15\Sources\Packages\TeeGrid.vrc" wurde verweigert.
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei Borland.Build.Tasks.Shared.CreateRcFile.WriteWindowsRC()
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei Borland.Build.Tasks.Shared.CreateRcFile.Execute()
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018:    bei Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(EngineProxy engineProxy, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, ITask task, Boolean& taskResult)
    0 Warnung(en)
    1 Fehler
Vergangene Zeit 00:00:00.07

What can I do so that the installation will be done sucessfully?

Best regards

Hello,

TeeGrid 1.18 seems to compile and install fine for RAD 12.3 here:


Check permissions for the target folder.

Hi,

I also started the steema setup in admin mode, so the permission for the folder should be there. But this doesn’t change anything, same problem, the setup doesn’t recognize the delphi componet.

The RAD studio itself works fine, I can start and compile my Delphi programs as usual.

The installation process itself is straigthforward, nothing much to configure. Actually, I used the presets and didn’t change anything, so there are also the default installations paths (for the RAD studio and also for the Steema TeeGrid setup).
So what I can I do? I really need the grid component in Delphi.

The Windows system is also a new installation. It’s a new notebook, no fancy configuration of the system, it’s pretty standard. I rteally have no idea why the installation doesn’t work properly.

Hello,

If I’m not wrong, this:

c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeGrid for VCL & FMX Registered version-1.15\Sources\Packages\TeeGrid.vrc" wurde verweigert.

translates to this:

c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(1232,5): error MSB4018: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeGrid for VCL & FMX Registered version-1.15\Sources\Packages\TeeGrid.vrc" was denied.

That’s why I suspect it has something to do with permissions.
Please make sure you are logged in with a user that has enough privileges to write in that folder, or just run TeeGridRecompile tool “as administrator”. It shouldn’t give permission errors.