Edit in Design Mode and where is the help

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Angelo

Edit in Design Mode and where is the help

Post by Angelo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:54 pm

I installed the V2014 and noticed some issues:

I did some changes to a chart in design mode, the changes correspond to the following code:

TChart1.Panel.Gradient.Visible = False
TChart1.Walls.Back.Gradient.Visible = False

So, changing that above properties at design time, and closing the edit chart windows everything is there and fine.

Then Irun the project, create a new form with that chart dinamically, but I see that the chart loosed the changes I did at design mode. If I stop my project, returning to design mode, the form with that chart did loose the changes also.

The workaround for the behavior was to write the above code.

Another issue: where is the help file for the 2014 version ? When I press F1, my Vb6 now says that it can not find the teechartx2014.hlp file. I did seach the computer and it is not anywhere.

PS: VB6 and Windows XP SP3.

Regards,

Angelo

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Edit in Design Mode and where is the help

Post by Yeray » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:01 am

Hello Angelo,
Angelo wrote:I did some changes to a chart in design mode, the changes correspond to the following code:

TChart1.Panel.Gradient.Visible = False
TChart1.Walls.Back.Gradient.Visible = False

So, changing that above properties at design time, and closing the edit chart windows everything is there and fine.

Then Irun the project, create a new form with that chart dinamically, but I see that the chart loosed the changes I did at design mode. If I stop my project, returning to design mode, the form with that chart did loose the changes also.

The workaround for the behavior was to write the above code.
You are right. I've added it to the public tracker:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1015
Angelo wrote:Another issue: where is the help file for the 2014 version ? When I press F1, my Vb6 now says that it can not find the teechartx2014.hlp file. I did seach the computer and it is not anywhere.
From v2014 we removed the version number from the help files so it's now called TeeChartX.hlp. Find it at the "Docs" folder inside your TeeChart ActiveX installation path.
You can also manually open the TeeChartxTutorials.chm file from Windows Explorer.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Angelo

Post by Angelo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 am

Yeray.

The solution to manually open the .hlp file is very uncomfortable, at least for me. I was used to press F1 inside VB6 IDE to open the exact help page for the teechart command I would like to know about.

I tried to fix this issue making a copy of the TeechartX.hlp and rename this copy to TeechartX2014.hlp, but VB6 still does not find it. Where does the hlp file should be in order to VB6 to find it ?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Hello Angelo,
Angelo wrote:I was used to press F1 inside VB6 IDE to open the exact help page for the teechart command I would like to know about.
I've tried it with the v2014.0.0.2 just published and it seems to work fine for me here.
Could you please give it a try?
What exact error message are you getting, if still getting any?

Note in Windows 8.1 I had to install WinHlp32 for Win 8.1.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy