Upgrading to TChartActiveX Version 8

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
nbp

Upgrading to TChartActiveX Version 8

Post by nbp » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:27 pm

We currently have TChart Version 7 ActiveX. What is the procedure to upgrade to Version 8? We paid a one time license fee for version 7 and had M&S for a year after that. Since then we have not renewed our M&S but now we would like to upgrade. Please let me know how to proceed.

Is Version 8 the latest?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading to TChartActiveX Version 8

Post by Yeray » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi,
nbp wrote:We currently have TChart Version 7 ActiveX. What is the procedure to upgrade to Version 8? We paid a one time license fee for version 7 and had M&S for a year after that. Since then we have not renewed our M&S but now we would like to upgrade. Please let me know how to proceed.
Teechart ActiveX installation comes with tools to upgrade the MS VB/CV++ projects and MS VB.Net/VC++ .Net/C# .Net projects from any previous TeeChart version to newer TeeChart versions. These tools basically modify the GUIs in the project files substituting the references to old TeeChart versions to the new ones.
You can find these tools in the "Utilities" folder in the TeeChart installation.
nbp wrote:Is Version 8 the latest?
No... The last TeeChart ActiveX v8 was published the 28th March 2012.
We're now in TeeChart v2014.0.0.1.
Take a look at the public release notes:
http://www.steema.com/versioninfo/ax
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

nbp

Post by nbp » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Thank you. Do I need to pay a license fee again or is TChart v2014 free for download with my original license?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Hello,
nbp wrote:Thank you. Do I need to pay a license fee again or is TChart v2014 free for download with my original license?
A license for TeeChart ActiveX v7 gives you access to all the downloads within the 7 version number, and to all the downloads prior to it.
The same for TeeChart v8 licenses.
However, this changed with the subscription system we adopted some time ago, where basically a license gives access to the releases published in the next year, and to the older versions too.
For more information on licensing or sales please contact our sales department at "sales at steema dot com"