TeeChart3 for .NET not installing on VS2008, VS2005 or Delph

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
dridgway

Post by dridgway » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm so disappointed because I wanted to use TeeChart in my next commercial software project. It won't install in ToolBox on VS2008 on Vista 64-bit. I try to install on my old VS2005 on XP--same problem. So now I load my RAD Studio Professional 2007 on Vista 64-bit machine and TeeChart won't install on that. So I go back to old XP development machine with RAD Studio Professional already installed and load my new TeeChart v3 for .NET on it and it doesn't work there, either.

I used TeeChart up to version 5 with Delphi up to version 7.1 and it worked fine and I loved it.

I invested money I didn't have to buy TeeChart v3 for .NET and it won't work on any development machine I have.

Since this product evidently has become so buggy it won't automatically install I want clear instructions on how to install it on (1) XP RAD Studio Delphi 2007, (2) XP VS2005, and (3) Vista 64-bit VS2008. Or I want my money back and I'll find a graphing program that works because I'm tired of spending frustrating days on this.

Regrets,
Don

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:15 am

Hello Don,

TeeChart for .NET v3 for VS2005 and VS2008 installers should install correctly on their respective Visual Studio versions. However, if the toolbox installation fails you can do it manually as I explained here.

Notice the x64 installer doesn't install the components to the toolbox as it can only be used at runtime.

As far as RAD Studio concerns, TeeChart doesn't automatically install there. You should install it manually.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

dridgway

TeeChart3 for .NET not installing on VS2008, VS2005 or RAD S

Post by dridgway » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:08 am

narcis wrote:Hello Don,

TeeChart for .NET v3 for VS2005 and VS2008 installers should install correctly on their respective Visual Studio versions. However, if the toolbox installation fails you can do it manually as I explained here.

Notice the x64 installer doesn't install the components to the toolbox as it can only be used at runtime.

As far as RAD Studio concerns, TeeChart doesn't automatically install there. You should install it manually.
I did that before like I said and it didn't work. In fact, following your instructions Visual Studio disappears or errors out. What did the TeeChart installation do to it? Why doesn't TeeChart install correctly on VS2005 (on XP) or VS 2008 (on Vista)?

What does your second paragraph mean?

Where are instructions on "installing TeeChart manually in RAD Studio 2007"?

Why doesn't your product install correctly on the most popular platforms? Now that I've installed TeeChart on VS2005, VS2008 and RAD Studio 2007--not only won't it run but now I can't get even a simple "Hello World" program to run on them.

However, programs that I've previously programmed on them will still run. That's a debugging clue. What and how does the TeeChart installation program screw up the host program VS2005, VS2008 and RAD Studio? Is there a bug in there that overwrites the Environment or PATH?

I don't like installing an expensive program and then not only doesn't it work but my other programs don't work anymore! Now I'm worried for my computers themselves--what has it done to them?

I need to get to work on my new program and I'd like to use TeeChart. Please give me clear and complete instructions that work or I have to ask for a refund because I can't use it. Thanks.

AIS

Post by AIS » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:36 am

Hello dridgway,

i am another user and on my machine the toolbox integration for vs05 while the installation process also failed, but this is not a reason to give up. The manual suggestion worked for me so give it a try :)

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:15 am

Hi dridgway,
I did that before like I said and it didn't work. In fact, following your instructions Visual Studio disappears or errors out. What did the TeeChart installation do to it? Why doesn't TeeChart install correctly on VS2005 (on XP) or VS 2008 (on Vista)?
There's a known VS2008 bug which was discussed here. You can try solution suggested at that thread and at Microsoft's Feedback. However, it should work fine with VS2005 as AIS confirms.
What does your second paragraph mean?
That x64 TeeChart.dll can not be used at designtime. For using TeeChart at design time you should use x86 build of TeeChart and replace it for x64 build when compiling 64-bit applications.
Where are instructions on "installing TeeChart manually in RAD Studio 2007"?
As you can read here, RAD Studio 2007 doesn't support designtime WinForms applications. You can only use C# Builder and runtime applications for that or use VCL.NET applications.

1. C# Builder, you should add TeeChart.dll at project's references section right-clicking on it and selecting "Add Reference" option. Then look for TeeChart.dll in the .NET assemblies lies or use the "Browse" button for loading it from your hard drive.

2. VCL.NET, in that case you'll need TeeChart VCL. RAD Studio 2007 already includes TeeChart v7 Standard VCL. Last versions available are TeeChart v8 VCL Standard and Professional versions.
Why doesn't your product install correctly on the most popular platforms? Now that I've installed TeeChart on VS2005, VS2008 and RAD Studio 2007--not only won't it run but now I can't get even a simple "Hello World" program to run on them.
TeeChart installs automatically installs on those development environments. We are also constantly trying to optimize installation process. However, if that fails, instructions described above work. Did you found any specific problem? We are willing to help you install TeeChart successfully in your environment.
However, programs that I've previously programmed on them will still run. That's a debugging clue. What and how does the TeeChart installation program screw up the host program VS2005, VS2008 and RAD Studio? Is there a bug in there that overwrites the Environment or PATH?
It shouldn't brake anything. However, you can check if designtime license is correctly installed in your machine using TeeRegV3 tool available at the client area.
I don't like installing an expensive program and then not only doesn't it work but my other programs don't work anymore! Now I'm worried for my computers themselves--what has it done to them?
In previous paragraph you said your old programs are still running. We want to help you getting TeeChart working at your end please let us know any piece of information, error message, etc. you may get so that we can help you solving them.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

dridgway

Post by dridgway » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:16 pm

13049497 wrote:Hello dridgway,

i am another user and on my machine the toolbox integration for vs05 while the installation process also failed, but this is not a reason to give up. The manual suggestion worked for me so give it a try :)
Thank you, AIS,

I tried all the suggestions I could find on this forum and Microsoft's. I installed and uninstalled TeeChart 3 times on XP computer and brand new clean Vista computer with VS2008 and TeeChartNETv3VSNET2008 trying the suggestions.

Could you please tell me exactly what you did to get TeeChartNETv3VSNET2005 to work with VS2005 on an XP machine with all upgrades and service packs?

Don

dridgway

TeeChart v3 won't install on VS2005, VS2008 RAD Studio 2007

Post by dridgway » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:04 pm

narcis wrote:Hi dridgway,
<snip>
In previous paragraph you said your old programs are still running. We want to help you getting TeeChart working at your end please let us know any piece of information, error message, etc. you may get so that we can help you solving them.
Hello Narcis,

What I meant was that after uninstalling TeeChartNETv3VSNET2005 on XP, or TeeChartNETv3VSNET2008 on Vista, (for the third time) now when I do any new RAD Studio Delphi NET 2007 program on either computer they error out with:

implementation

{$REGION 'Designer Managed Code'}
/// <summary>
/// Required method for Designer support -- do not modify
/// the contents of this method with the code editor.
/// </summary>
procedure TDefault.InitializeComponent;
begin
Self.AutoPostBackControl := nil; <---------ERROR
Include(Self.Load, Self.Page_Load);
end;
{$ENDREGION}

the line: "Self.AutoPostBackControl := nil;" is the problem here and it says: "[DCC Error] Default.pas(40):E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'AutoPostBackControl'"

This never happened before I installed TeeChartNETv3 on either machine. (The XP RAD Studio 2007 is set to NET Framework SDK v2.00.50727) Now both machines give the same error message.

So this indicates that TeeChart's installation program adds or changes some setting in Registry or Environment that doesn't work and it does not return to pre-TeeChart install normal settings when it is uninstalled.

I repeat: the above same error message occurs in the XP AND my new clean perfect-working Vista (set to NET Framework SDKv2 or v3 or v3.5). And, yes, I made sure each NET SDK was in the Search Path.

For over a year I've had a complicated Ajax-enabled RAD Studio (Delphi.NET) 2007 website running so I'm not a complete dummy. But I wanted to add TeeChart to it. And I wanted to upgrade everything to develop and run in Vista. I was even thinking very seriously about rolling my program and planned new ones over to Microsoft C# but your TeeChart won't install on either my VS2005 or VS2008!!!

Until this situation is rectified I cannot use TeeChart, that's all there is to it. And now there's a "ghost in the machine" error that TeeChartv3NET left me just for trying to install it.

Don

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Hello Don,

Except to add online help to the help collections TeeChart doesn't enter into the host IDE environment setups so no part of a TeeChart installation should be affecting existing IDEs unless there's some factor x that we're not aware of. It is possible but we haven't seen this kind of problem before. TeeChart's ASP.NET support is self-contained within TeeChart itself and examples are added to its own independant virtual folder area only.

As commented on in this thread, one could expect that there might be an error setting up the toolbox during install. That does happen on occasion but a manual install of TeeChart to the toolbox is normally straightforward (by selecting the TeeChart assembly from toolbox setup).

I suspect that part of the problem may relate to the interaction of VSNET 2008 and RAD Studio. The effect coming from the mix of framework requirements. Is it possible that your VSNET2008 installation is also recent? ..maybe distorting the perceived impact of the TeeChart installation?

Re (re. Self.AutoPostBackControl := nil;), a quick look around gives:
https://forums.codegear.com/message.jsp ... geID=32874

That may relate to several of the symptoms you've seen. We are happy to continue to try to help resolve the installation issues but please make a check on the above too please to see if we can remove any external factors first.

With thanks.
Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

dridgway

Can't install TeeChart v3NET for VS2005, VS2008, RAD Studio

Post by dridgway » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Yes, I did a manual install of WebChart to ToolBox.

On a new RAD Studio Delphi 2007.NET "Hello, World" test program on Vista WITH NO TEECHART ON DESIGNER (but with TChart showing in ToolBox), if I comment-out the "AutoPostBackControl..." it apparently gets past that and now errors out with: "Could not load type "Default.TDefault".

Copying the existing running program code from RAD Studio 2007 DelphiNET on my XP development machine to RAD Studio 2007 DelphiNET on my brand new Vista machine and recompiling/rebuilding (and after commenting-out the now-ubiquitous "AutoPostBackControl..." error) the program runs fine. Then adding WebChart (after having manually installed it on DelphiNET Toolbox) it also compiles and runs but where the WebChart should be is a small box with an "x" in it, and after closing the program in the Designer there is now a message where it was supposed to be: "Error Creating Control-WebChart1 "could not be set on property 'Config'". --so it doesn't work and there must be another Path/setup problem there.

Don

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Hello Don,

There was an error setting the Config parameter on a previous build. Please check that you are using the latest.

See release notes 6th February (Build 3.5.3324.17094/93/92):
1) [NoBugId]
WebChart's Chart property writing invalid empty tag
on WebChart page config. Property now made read-only
and new SetChart method added to resolve issue.
http://www.steema.com/files/public/teec ... elease.txt

As an alternative (temporary - tests) the config parameter may be manually removed from the page html for the Chart to run successfully.

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support

dridgway

Post by dridgway » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:45 am

I am using latest downloads of 25 March 2009.

Now I cannot get past Error "Could not load type 'Default.TDefault'.

Let's face it we've spent too much time on this already.

TeeChartNET3VSNET2005 or TeeChartNET3VSNET2008 won't install or run with VS2005 or VS2008 or RAD Studio 2007 on my XP machine or Vista machine.

I'll get this off my machines and send this back. Please authorize a refund.

Thank you,
Don

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:31 am

Hello Don,

Please email sales at steema dot com with your details.

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support

dridgway

TeeChart and VS2008 and .NET 3.5 and RAD Studio

Post by dridgway » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:52 pm

Thank you Steema and Ara and Marcis and Marc for your help and patience. From your helpful links I see that most of my problems were because of errors in XP MS Visual Studio(s) and also in conjunction with .NET SDK 3.5, which then affected my RAD Studio Delphi 2007, and not to mention this combination was also not working on my new Vista machine, so there were conflicts on conflicts. Hopefully by the next version of TeeChart NET those programs will have upgraded and be more compatible and friendly.

But in the meantime I have Delphi for PHP so I'm going to try the TeeChart for PHP Source code version!

Thanks again and Best Regards,
Don Ridgway :)

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:23 am

Hello Don,

Thanks for the positive feedback, I hope we're able to help with more productive results next time round!

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support