New beta private community at Google+

TeeChart Beta versions
David Berneda
Site Admin
Site Admin

New beta private community at Google+

Post by David Berneda » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:51 am

I'd like to start a beta testing group for a new feature in TeeChart components and get feedback.

If anybody is interested please follow the link below to request entering this Google+ private community:

https://plus.google.com/communities/112 ... 3735404281

jens.mertelmeyer

Re: New beta private community at Google+

Post by jens.mertelmeyer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Careful, rant ahead.

Steema, why do you always bind yourself to external services like Twitter, Google and whatever? There isn't even an official mail-powered newsletter. Instead, I will have to sign up to Twitter or Facebook to keep up to date (ok, in this case there's also an RSS feed).

Now I will have to create an account with yet another external, totally unrelated service. As pleased as I am with TeeChart itself, I find this "You must sign in to Google+ to view this community" totally out of place.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New beta private community at Google+

Post by Yeray » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:52 am

Hi Jens,
jens.mertelmeyer wrote:Steema, why do you always bind yourself to external services like Twitter, Google and whatever?
We just use these channels as an extra loudspeaker, most of the times publishing the same there than in our RSS and in the News section in our main page. We also announce new releases in this forum.
Note many people uses Twitter, Facebook and/or Google+ very frequently and so most companies also use the same channels to both win visibility and offer a unified communication channel to their customers.
jens.mertelmeyer wrote:There isn't even an official mail-powered newsletter. Instead, I will have to sign up to Twitter or Facebook to keep up to date (ok, in this case there's also an RSS feed).
There is a newsletter too. If you don't receive it and you want it, please ask for it at "info at steema dot com".
jens.mertelmeyer wrote:Now I will have to create an account with yet another external, totally unrelated service. As pleased as I am with TeeChart itself, I find this "You must sign in to Google+ to view this community" totally out of place.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We think Google+ communities could be a powerful platform for specific situations. The continuity of this communication channel will probably be related to the opinion of our customers about the same.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy