Installation for developers not for users

Ideas and wishes for TeeChart
vino

Installation for developers not for users

Post by vino » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:48 pm

Dear Sirs!
I wrote you to support@steema.com when it was TeeChart 6, and I write now again.

I'm needed only in source and help files, I don't want your install application to change my Delphi environment, to create Main menu items, to write in SYSTEM32 folder, to write in System Registry!!!
I'm a developer, not user, I know what to do myself!

It is VERY INCONVENIENT to upgrade to new version. I have my own environment. I have to recovery it every time after installation your package!

Is it difficult to make it available only help files archive for downloading?
Is it difficult to make it available only source files archive for downloading?

I kindly ask you to make me available only archive of needed files, not an executable installation application.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:00 pm

Dear vino,

Here, at the bottom of the page, you can download TeeChart Pro v7 VCL help files in html format. Moreover, if you upgrade to v7 and just want to install the source code we will send you the help files.

Also, if you are having problems running the binary installers you can also post them here and we will help you solving them.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

vino

Post by vino » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:48 pm

narcis wrote:Dear vino,

at the bottom of the page, you can download TeeChart Pro v7 VCL help files in html format.
It's very good. I solved my problem by using another computer to install your package, archive result of installation and copying it on my computer. But it is not normally. I don't understand the reason of using installation application.