Chart needs a 'dirty' flag

Ideas and wishes for TeeChart
Mikkel

Chart needs a 'dirty' flag

Post by Mikkel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:53 am

It would be tremendous if the chart had a 'dirty' attribute, which would be set either if the user modified the chart, or if some programmatic changes were made (although I could probably live without the latter, because my code could also update this flag).

I want to do this because I am storing .TEE files as streams to a database, and I need to know whether they have changed or not before I store them in the database. The TeeChartOffice tool maintains a dirty flag at the application level - the code is riddled with updates to it, where as it would make more sense to make it a part of the control, and make my life much easier in this department :)

Another option which might also solve this is issue is to make a DBAware version of the Chart (different from DBChart - all that does is get point data from the DB, it doesn't save all the vairous chart attributes to the DB). The data aware version would automatically store its contents in a blob field (either in text or binary format).

Please tell me this is an option for the future

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:20 am

Hi Mikkel,

Thanks for your suggestion, I've added your request to our wish-list to be considered for future releases. In the meantime, you can create your own flag as in TeeChartOffice.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum