Exception in Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series.CalcXPos

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
nico193

Exception in Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series.CalcXPos

Post by nico193 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:27 am

Hello !

I have a very strange problem with TeeChart : I work with a lot of points (1 000 000 approximatively) and it works very well. When I zoom or unzoom many times manually and then remove some series, I often (not always !!) get the following exception :

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Stack :
at Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series.CalcXPos(Int32 index)
at Steema.TeeChart.Styles.CustomPoint.CalcXPos(Int32 valueIndex)
at Steema.TeeChart.Styles.CustomPoint.Clicked(Int32 x, Int32 y)
at Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series.CheckMouse(Cursor& c, Int32 x, Int32 y)
at Steema.TeeChart.Chart.CheckMouseSeries(Cursor& c, Int32 X, Int32 Y)
at Steema.TeeChart.Chart.DoMouseMove(Int32 x, Int32 y, Cursor& c)
at Steema.TeeChart.TChart.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The stack does not include my code !! Is it a Teechart problem ? What could make this error ?

Please help !

I use version 1.1.1544.23908 and Microsoft C# .NET 2003.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:28 pm

Hello,

We'll see if we can reproduce this. If you can give us some more clues about how to setup the Chart and steps to take to generate the problem please let us know,. ie. how many Series, types of Series, points per Series ...techniques used to add/remove Series, etc. .or a sample project that could be left at:

news://www.berneda.com/steema.public.attachments

Thanks!

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

nico193

Post by nico193 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:33 am

Some precisions :

- No series are created with the editor. They're all created programmatically. There are two type of data to be displayed :
- Some real data series : They are Steema.Teechart.Styles.FastLine type and contains millions of points.
- Some events series : They are Steema.Teechart.Styles.Points style and contains approximatively hundreds of points.

- I use two cursor tools to browse the data displayed. They move automatically or manually.

- I have set numerous custom left axis and I display or hide them when the user selects an ctive serie (via some radio buttons). I'm positionning these axes manually using the MarginLeft panel property.

The bug appears very strangely, not always in the same conditions. But we've seen that it appears more oftently after a lot of zoom/unzoom/Cursor tool move.

Do you confirm this is a TeeChart bug and not a problem with my code ?

Thanks

nico193

Post by nico193 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:13 am

Forgot to say I cannot reproduce this bug while debugging in Visual Studio .Net. It only happens when the application is installed (Release).