Border around chart and clipping

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
I-Maps

Border around chart and clipping

Post by I-Maps » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:04 am

Hi

I have sent a chart (in .ten and .png format) via the newsgroup (the .NET v2 newsgroup).

Please tell me how to:

1. Remove the space at the left, right and bottom of the chart. (The space that is not part of the grid.)

2. Currently some of my labels (e.g. "Zaptronix" on the extreme left) extend into that space. I still want those to be visible. If necessary I can do this with code as I manually set the axis min and max.

3. Extend the minor tick marks on both axes so that they are on both sides of the axis (as the major tick marks are).

4. Get rid of the outermost blue border especially the rounded corners.

In all instances I really want to be able to do this via the TeeCharts Editor and not via code (if possible).

Thank you.

Kind regards
Reg Bust

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi Reg Bust,

Thanks for the files:
1. Remove the space at the left, right and bottom of the chart. (The space that is not part of the grid.)

2. Currently some of my labels (e.g. "Zaptronix" on the extreme left) extend into that space. I still want those to be visible. If necessary I can do this with code as I manually set the axis min and max.
This is not possible for now as even if you set the panel margins to zero the chart alocates some space for the axis even if, as in your case, the axes are into the ChartRect. However, we are investigating on some new features that would let the user overcome that.
3. Extend the minor tick marks on both axes so that they are on both sides of the axis (as the major tick marks are).
This is not possible currently. I've added this request to our wish-list to be considered for future releases. However, setting axes minor ticks length (Axes tab\Minor tab\Length) to -2 causes a similar efect.
4. Get rid of the outermost blue border especially the rounded corners.
This is possible by doing:

Code: Select all

tChart1.Panel.BorderRound = 0;
      tChart1.Panel.BorderPen.Visible = false;
Or at design-time at Panel tab\ Borders tab\ Visible = false and Ending = flat.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

glikoz

Serious requirement

Post by glikoz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:28 pm

also important for us ..

Thx