Series Marks show improperly (axis range related)

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
MTB

Series Marks show improperly (axis range related)

Post by MTB » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:23 pm

I am using Axis SetMinMax to implement paging (I can't use paging for various reasons). Let's say I have a chart with 200 points and I set min to 0 and max to 99.

On a line series in this chart I then display series marks (setting custom text in the event handler). Marks for points after 99 show at the right edge of the chart. That's the first problem.

If I page to the axis range 100 to 199, marks for some of the first 100 points stay on screen right where they were previously displayed (in the middle of the chart for example). That is the second problem.

Hopefully you can reproduce this easily.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:36 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the information. This appears to be a bug, a fix will be included in the next maintenance release. If we see an interim workaround we'll post it here.

Best regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:38 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the information. This appears to be a bug, a fix will be included in the next maintenance release. If we see an interim workaround we'll post it here.

Best regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:26 am

Hello,

Here's an interim workaround that you might like to use. It uses the Series GetSeriesMark event to suppress Marks outside of the Axis range.

Code: Select all

private void line1_GetSeriesMark(Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series series, Steema.TeeChart.Styles.GetSeriesMarkEventArgs e)
    {
      if ((series.XValues[e.ValueIndex]<tChart1.Axes.Bottom.Minimum) ||
          (series.XValues[e.ValueIndex]>tChart1.Axes.Bottom.Maximum)) 
        e.MarkText="";
    }
Best regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support