Merge Modules - Deployment

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Chris

Merge Modules - Deployment

Post by Chris » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:55 pm

To Whom It May Concern:

I’ve tried to contact support@steema.com, but it is no longer in use. I have a deployment issue and seek a solution.

I’m currently working on an install, which will include your TeeChart.dll (version 1.0.1189.31308). Are you aware of any Merge Modules for the installation process that are available, preferably with a version number? If there would be a number I could contact to speak with someone about this issue that would be great, or anything that you can do to help me out in this situation. If there isn’t one available is there a proper location to place this TeeChart.dll for deployment if I have to write my own Merge Module. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Christopher Clark

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:50 am

Hello Christopher,

Steema does not distribute any merge modules for the TeeChart for .NET dll. However including the control in an installer requires attention to only a few key points:

- TeeChart.dll may be installed in any folder in the destination machine. The file may be located with the application executable or if located at a different location should be path located in the executable (the executable should know where it is) or, more simply, have its folder location added to the registry AssemblyFolders key.

eg.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders\TeeChart

(default value being, for a typical TeeChart installation)
“C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart for .NET v1”

See the key value on the machine where you ran the TeeChart installer for a further example. If you are using the multi-language interface provided by the TeeChart.Languages dll, locate that dll in the same folder as TeeChart.dll.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support