Bugs in Maintenance release?

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
liviuz

Bugs in Maintenance release?

Post by liviuz » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:25 am

I downloaded and installed the maintenance release, which I was pleased had finally been made, as a response to a previous support enquiry I had made by email (4 months ago now) had indicated that problems I had with images in a Point series would be resolved in a future release.

Unfortunately, while the image is displayed in the legend the image isn't displayed at all in the chart, just a rectangle coloured and patterned however it happens to be set. So it's pointless displaying the image in the legend, which is a worse situation than I had originally reported.

I also have a chart with a Bar series, it had an integer for the x axis, a double for the y axis and a label was used to display some text for each point on the x axis. I used the Series.Add(x, y, text) method to achieve this. Unfortunately with this release the text was only displayed for the first bar shown in the chart the remaining bars had no text or anything on the x axis. However, I was able to get around this by using the Series.Add(y, text) method instead as I'm not married to having the x value there, and this method seemed to do the job well enough. But I thought you should know it looks like there's a bug with that particular overload of the Add method.

I also found that 3 series (one a point, the other 2 line) which existed quite happily on the same zorder with version 1.0.1189.31308 wouldn't in this new version. When shown separately they were fine, but when shown in combination one or other had the effect of 'hiding' parts of the other series such that if all 3 were displayed together only one would be displayed correctly the other two would be truncated. I got around this by putting each on a separate 'z' although I'd prefer the way it works in version 1189, as I don't want the chart to look too 'deep' on the z axis.

Another problem I had was that design-time changes to the properties of the Points series I was working with did not get 'saved' into the InitializeComponent method, meaning that those changes were lost and forced me to set the properties at run-time. Another seeming bug that I thought you should know about.

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:54 am

Hi --
Unfortunately, while the image is displayed in the legend the image isn't displayed at all in the chart, just a rectangle coloured and patterned however it happens to be set. So it's pointless displaying the image in the legend, which is a worse situation than I had originally reported.
I'm afraid I don't have access to your original mail; would you be so kind as to send me a code snippet which I can run "as-is" to reproduce this problem here?
I also have a chart with a Bar series, it had an integer for the x axis, a double for the y axis and a label was used to display some text for each point on the x axis. I used the Series.Add(x, y, text) method to achieve this. Unfortunately with this release the text was only displayed for the first bar shown in the chart the remaining bars had no text or anything on the x axis. However, I was able to get around this by using the Series.Add(y, text) method instead as I'm not married to having the x value there, and this method seemed to do the job well enough. But I thought you should know it looks like there's a bug with that particular overload of the Add method.
Mmmm ... I'm using TeeChart for .NET v1.1.1452.42972 and here the following code gives correct results:

Code: Select all

private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {
      Random rnd = new Random();
      for(int i = 0; i < 10; ++i)
        bar1.Add(i, rnd.Next(100), "lab" + i.ToString());
    }
I also found that 3 series (one a point, the other 2 line) which existed quite happily on the same zorder with version 1.0.1189.31308 wouldn't in this new version. When shown separately they were fine, but when shown in combination one or other had the effect of 'hiding' parts of the other series such that if all 3 were displayed together only one would be displayed correctly the other two would be truncated. I got around this by putting each on a separate 'z' although I'd prefer the way it works in version 1189, as I don't want the chart to look too 'deep' on the z axis.
Again, I'm not too sure about this one .. when I run the following code (one point series, the other 2 line) I can see no obvious difference between using v1.0.1189.31308 or v1.1.1452.42972 :

Code: Select all

private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) {
      commander1.Chart = tChart1;
      foreach(Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series series in tChart1.Series) {
        series.FillSampleValues(20);
        series.ZOrder = 0;
      }
    }
Would you be so kind as to clarify the situation for me please?
Another problem I had was that design-time changes to the properties of the Points series I was working with did not get 'saved' into the InitializeComponent method, meaning that those changes were lost and forced me to set the properties at run-time. Another seeming bug that I thought you should know about.
Again, this seems to work perfectly here ... are you sure you updated the TeeChart reference in your project's References folder?
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

liviuz

Post by liviuz » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:29 pm

Apologies for not responding sooner.

Unfortunately I can't try any of your suggestions at this time as I've had to roll back to the previous version of TChart. When I get some time I will re-install and hopefully will have more success.