Zoom Issue (regression)

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Kris C

Zoom Issue (regression)

Post by Kris C » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:29 pm

Hello,
[Sorry - I accidentally put this under TeeGrid instead of TeeChart]

I've attached a sample project that shows a problem with zoom. The sample contains a simple TeeChart with an area series. When you do a click/drag zoom operation on the graph, there is another 'series' showing up in a zig-zag pattern. No idea where it comes from. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the zig-zag. The project references 4.2022.11.29 which I could not include as it caused the zip to exceed the upload size.

This is a regression vs. 4.0.0.15033 that we just upgraded from (this is circa 2009). We are also using the NET6 version of TeeChart but I don't know if the same issue occurs. Please be sure you test that as well and fix if needed.

Please advise if there is a fix or available already or if you will fix the issue. Our users use zoom in our graphs, so this is a needed feature.

Thanks,

Kris Culin
Bentley Systems, Inc.
Attachments
TeeChartAreaProblem.zip
(11.47 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

Christopher
Guru

Re: Zoom Issue (regression)

Post by Christopher » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:41 am

Hello Kris,
Kris C wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:29 pm
This is a regression vs. 4.0.0.15033 that we just upgraded from (this is circa 2009). We are also using the NET6 version of TeeChart but I don't know if the same issue occurs. Please be sure you test that as well and fix if needed.
We have been able to reproduce this issue here and have added it to our issue tracker with id=2602, meaning that we hope to have it fixed in the next NuGet release. Please note, interestingly, that this issue also occurred in v.4.0.2009.62332, a release from the June of 2009:

Code: Select all

private void InitializeChart()
        {
            tChart1.Aspect.View3D = false;
            area1 = new Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Area(tChart1.Chart);

AddSeriesData(area1);

area1.LinePen.Color = Color.Red;  

tChart1.Header.Text = typeof(Chart).Assembly.GetName().Version.ToString();
        }
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Kris C

Post by Kris C » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:12 pm

Thanks Christopher.

We were using 4.0.0.15033. Looks like this version was from ~May 2009.

I'll let my team know that you were able to reproduce and are working on a fix.

Do you also plan on releasing the source code as well? Because we need to add some custom behavior on the Export button click, we have to build from the source code. Is there somewhere I can submit a feature request IRT hooking into this button's click event?

Much appreciated.

Kris

Christopher
Guru

Post by Christopher » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:43 am

Hello Kris,
Kris C wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:12 pm
Do you also plan on releasing the source code as well? Because we need to add some custom behavior on the Export button click, we have to build from the source code. Is there somewhere I can submit a feature request IRT hooking into this button's click event?
Yes, we will also release a new sourcecode version as well.

However, I think it would be more convenient for you if you could hook your code into all our NuGet releases too. If you could please give me an idea of what you need to do in the 'Save...' button code (the button being the 'Save...' button here)
Screenshot from 2023-04-12 10-40-47.png
Screenshot from 2023-04-12 10-40-47.png (18 KiB) Viewed 2283 times
Then I can hook up a delegate or whatever to pass in the variables to modify whatever it is you need to modify, e.g.

Code: Select all

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            void DoSomething(Tuple<double, int> myParams) 
            {

}
            var editor = new Editor(tChart1);
            editor.OnExportSaveDel = DoSomething;
            editor.ShowModal();
        }
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com