Licensing with .NET 6 App

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Christopher
Guru

Re: Licensing with .NET 6 App

Post by Christopher » Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:18 am

Hello Kris,
Kris C wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:43 am
I've been doing more testing regarding the System.Text.Json issue. I did find a post online with someone running into the same loading issue just like mine but unrelated to Steema or ArcGIS Pro. The solution they came up with isn't applicable in my situation, unfortunately.
It's difficult to imagine what the problem could be of using a System.Text.Json assembly built in net60 in a net60 application. Still, there are always workarounds.
Kris C wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:43 am
It appears the only solution right now is to use a version of TeeChart that targets the latest 6.x version of the System.Text.Json NuGet package. This can either be a custom build you provide us or if you post the source code (which we have a license to use) we can make the switch ourselves and build it. if we use the source code, we'll need to make sure it has the fixes for the bugs we've reported, including the license fix.
The sourcecode version is now available from our Client access page, as usual:
Screenshot from 2023-04-20 12-12-12.png
Screenshot from 2023-04-20 12-12-12.png (94.93 KiB) Viewed 4944 times
Please note that:
1. the source code version does not have the code that runs our licensing
2. I didn't add in that feature release for the Export editor, as this source code version is identical to the code that built the latest NuGet binary version

I don't think 2) is going to be an issue, as the change is trivial and I'm sure you'll be able to modify the code to your needs.
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Kris C

Re: Licensing with .NET 6 App

Post by Kris C » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:31 pm

Thank you, Christopher. I'll grab the latest source and integrate it into our code base.

Not a problem on the feature request. It's not critical at the moment but we will definitely use it once it becomes officially available.

Thank you again for your assistance on this.

Kris