TeeChart v2022 Licensing Issue - Can't embed into exe project

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Kris C

TeeChart v2022 Licensing Issue - Can't embed into exe project

Post by Kris C » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:55 pm

Hi,

Bentley just purchased an upgrade to TeeChart v2022. I followed the instructions on installing the license and how to embed the licenses file into the project. However, that does *not* work.

We have a fairly complicated componentized system with our code base. We have an exe that starts the application. But it references other assemblies that use TeeChart. In addition, we run inside of AutoCAD, MicroStation, ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro. These are exe's that we would not have the ability to embed the licenses file into and we have to run inside of these applications.

I tried embedding the licences file in the class library assembly where we use TeeChart but this did not work. it seems your licensing logic expects to find it in the running executable only.

How can I get this to work? Prior versions were never this difficult to get going so the upgrade is a bit disappointing.

We also have a build machine that builds our code to create an installer so that we can install our products internally for testing until ready for release. We obviously don't want to see the evaluation water mark on our graphs with an installed build.

To summarize - embedding the license in the exe is not an option. We need a way to embed the license into a class assembly and we need to make sure TeeChart is properly licensed when we run inside of other applications (listed above).

Thanks,

Kris

Christopher
Guru

Re: TeeChart v2022 Licensing Issue - Can't embed into exe project

Post by Christopher » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:02 pm

Hello Kris,

not being able to embed TeeChart.licenses into an exe is not a problem, at least from our side to keep to Steema's licensing agreement. As I explain here, as long as the TeeChart.licenses file is in the same directory as TeeChart.dll then it should work.
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Kris C

Re: TeeChart v2022 Licensing Issue - Can't embed into exe project

Post by Kris C » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:45 pm

Thanks for the tip. I will try this out and let our deployment team know about it assuming it works for us. It sounds like it will.

Kris