in assembly 'TeeChart.PCL.Android.dll': Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve Style::NestedScrollBarStyle

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
TLC

in assembly 'TeeChart.PCL.Android.dll': Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve Style::NestedScrollBarStyle

Post by TLC » Wed May 13, 2020 6:23 pm

I am using Visual Studio 2019, v16.5.5.

When trying to build on Xamarin.Forms v4.6.0.726 and Steema.TeeChart.NET.Xamarin.Forms v4.2020.4.24, I receive the following error, when in "release" mode (debug doesn't occur):

Error Mono.Linker.MarkException: Error processing method: 'System.Void TeeChart.PCL.Droid.Resource::UpdateIdValues()' in assembly: 'TeeChart.PCL.Android.dll' ---> Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve System.Int32 Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.Resource/Style::NestedScrollBarStyle
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.HandleUnresolvedField(FieldReference reference)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkField(FieldReference reference)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkInstruction(Instruction instruction)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessPrimaryQueue()
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process()
at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
at MonoDroid.Tuner.MonoDroidMarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.ProcessStep(LinkContext context, IStep step)
at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)
at MonoDroid.Tuner.Linker.Process(LinkerOptions options, ILogger logger, LinkContext& context)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.Execute(DirectoryAssemblyResolver res)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.LinkAssemblies.RunTask()
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.AndroidTask.Execute()

NOTE:
• I am compiling using Android 10 (Android Q).
• All required support libraries are installed, to my knowledge, as it runs fine in debug mode.
• This also occurs regardless of build settings. (code linker on/off, bundle/apk, etc.)

I also tried other versions as early as 4.2020.4.3.

Also, the license file doesn't work on any version past 4.2020.4.3. see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16890

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: in assembly 'TeeChart.PCL.Android.dll': Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve Style::NestedScrollBarStyl

Post by Pep » Thu May 14, 2020 8:33 am

Hello,
When trying to build on Xamarin.Forms v4.6.0.726 and Steema.TeeChart.NET.Xamarin.Forms v4.2020.4.24, I receive the following error, when in "release" mode (debug doesn't occur):
At first, I couldn't say that it's a TeeChart problem, as having doing some tests here the problem only happens by using the latest Xamarin.Forms versions.
If you try to use the Xamarin.Forms 4.5.0.530 version with the latest TeeChart for Xamarin.Forms version 4.2020.4.24 all works fine.
We need to investigate a little bit more with Xamarin just in case we need to modify something on our code in order that this problem dissapear or just they have to fix or change something at the xamarin.forms source.

About the license problem, please take a look at my answer here

TLC

Re: in assembly 'TeeChart.PCL.Android.dll': Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve Style::NestedScrollBarStyl

Post by TLC » Thu May 14, 2020 2:56 pm

tried with Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.725 and v4.5.0.530.

still occurs.

TLC

Post by TLC » Thu May 14, 2020 8:40 pm

If I remove the "Steema.TeeChart.NET.Xamarin.Forms" package and comment out all relevant TeeChart code, it builds as expected on release.

It is an issue with your library.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu May 14, 2020 8:45 pm

Ok. Thanks for the advise.
We need to investigate more as it did not happened on some versions to me.
Let us check again and back to you.

TLC

Post by TLC » Thu May 14, 2020 9:44 pm

I updated my test repository and the error occurred. Please check it out.

https://github.com/Jakar510/FlickerTest
test.PNG
test.PNG (73.77 KiB) Viewed 30320 times

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri May 15, 2020 7:14 am

Hi,
ok, I've just check with your test project, and I can confirm that just openning the project , change it the "Release" mode and compiling, the error appears.
But, I can also confirm that changing the Xamarin.Forms version I'm able to compile in "Release" mode and run the app.
Here you can download a screen recording I've done so you can look at the steps I've done.
We'll continue investigating, but as I told you before. I still not sure if it's related to xamarin.forms code or TeeChart code.

Thanks !

TLC

Post by TLC » Fri May 15, 2020 2:07 pm

test2.PNG
test2.PNG (359.75 KiB) Viewed 30301 times
test1.PNG
test1.PNG (330.38 KiB) Viewed 30301 times
Still does it...

TLC

Post by TLC » Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm

It still occurs with Xamarin.Forms v4.6.0.800 and Visual Studio 2019 v 16.6.0.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu May 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Hello,
due that this problem seems to now happens always we're just looking at it with the Xamarin.Forms team. I'll back to you as soon as I've an answer and a solution.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience this could be causing.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Sun May 31, 2020 4:14 pm

Just to inform in this post, for other customers that might be interested in the solution to this problem, that it has been fixed in the latest version published on nuget
TeeChart for Xamarin.Forms ver. 4.2020.5.28

TLC

Post by TLC » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:36 pm

It now builds in release mode. However, The watermark still shows up. It could be a license issue. Rebuilt after delete android's bin and obj folders, and the same thing. Also verified the license is present and set to AndroidAsset.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Hello,
It's strange, I've just checked with a non expired licence and all is working fine here.
Could you please send me a direct message to pep@steema.com attaching the license file you're using so I can check it here ?