License for TeeChart .NET v2016_4.1.2016.05120

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
jkath

License for TeeChart .NET v2016_4.1.2016.05120

Post by jkath » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:49 pm

I have a .NET webapi which builds custom charts via the teechart class as in TChart chart = new TChart();

In fact, all is working fine. Charts are produced with no demo watermark. Licensing seems to be fine.

I have run across licensing documentation with the following instructions (see below):

Whenever I try to add the licenses.licx file to my WEBAPI project and build, as per instructions below, I receive the following error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Exception occurred creating type 'Steema.TeeChart.TChart, TeeChart, Version=4.1.2016.5122, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c8126276c77bdb7' System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Lens.Services.WebAPI C:\GitRepository\Lens\Lens\Lens.Services.WebAPI\Lens.Services.WebAPI\licenses.licx 1

Pleases advise, thanks,

John

----- LICENSE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS ----

Tutorial17 - Designtime Runtime and License Requirements

Operational considerations
A project that includes a TChart, Chart or WebChart component must include a Licenses.licx file. That file is automatically added to a TChart (Windows Form Chart) or WebChart (Web Form Chart) project by the Visual Studio IDE when either chart is added to it. In the case of a non-designtime Chart application, for example where the Chart is manually created at runtime as "Steema.TeeChart.Chart c = new Steema.TeeChart.Chart();"
, then you must manually add the licenses file to the project, an example file that you may use is included in the Utils folder. You can add it by selecting the project in the VS.NET Solution Explorer and right mousebutton clicking for 'Add | AddExisting Item' with File type 'All files' and selecting 'Utils\Licenses.Licx'.

Using TeeChart in a dll
If you have successfully compiled TeeChart with license into a dll, please note that if you then use that dll in another application you need to be sure to add the TeeChart license lines to the Licenses.licx file of the final application even though that application may not itself have a direct reference to TeeChart. If your end-user application is not developed in Visual Studio .NET then the license file and license itself should not be necessary at the point of final compilation.

If you are working in an environment in which re-use of your dll won't take place at a machine with a Developer license please confirm whether re-use might fall into the bounds of 'plugin use' as described in the following section, Using TeeChart in a plugin dll. If you feel that your assembly (that uses TeeChart) needs to be re-used by a container that has knowledge of TeeChart classes and methods or needs to reference the assembly, but at a machine that doesn't have a TeeChart Developer License then please confirm that the machine in question is licensed to use TeeChart at designtime. Some distribution or groupwork circumstances may need to be resolved via a special license condition, Steema personnel at info@steema.com can help with license enquiries.

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: License for TeeChart .NET v2016_4.1.2016.05120

Post by Sandra » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:37 am

Hello John,

Could you tell us which VS version you are using? Also, I would suggest you follow the steps below to try fix the problem:

1- Remove the licenses.licx
2- Go to the project properties and check the .Net Target Framework isn’t client profile.
3- Go to the references folder and remove Teechart.dll
4- Add a new TeeChart.dll references in the references folder.
5- Run again the project.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum