evaluation version expired error msg with licenced teechart

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Nick

evaluation version expired error msg with licenced teechart

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:00 am

Hi,

I am getting a message saying that my evaluation version of TEEchart has expired even though I have deployed the release tchart.dll assembly with my application.
I get the error every time my application tries to create the control. I have looked everywhere else on the machine and cannot find any other "rogue" tchart.dll dll's elsewhere including in the GAC.
We use tchart.dll as a local assembly in the same path as the application that uses it.

The machine originally had the evaluation version of Tchart installed, but this was uninstalled when we bought tchart, however we still get the error message. Is there a registry key that needs to be removed or something? How do I tell my application that this is the registered TChart.dll? Is there a static method or property that I need to call/set with my license information?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nicholas

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:23 am

Hi Nicolas,
The machine originally had the evaluation version of Tchart installed, but this was uninstalled when we bought tchart, however we still get the error message. Is there a registry key that needs to be removed or something?
Uninstalling the Eval version should be sufficient.
How do I tell my application that this is the registered TChart.dll? Is there a static method or property that I need to call/set with my license information?
No, have you tried to uninstall the actual version you have, also make sure all the files has been removed (under the \Steema Software directory) , download the latest version from our web site ( at the private customers download page ) and install it again ?