tchart.size not serialized in native format

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Oli

tchart.size not serialized in native format

Post by Oli » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi,

it seems tchart.size is not serialized while exporting the chart into the native format (.ten). While importing the chart, the size is always set to a size of 400x250, and not the original size. It may be worthwhile to check tchart.location for correct serialization too.

Cheers
Oliver

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: tchart.size not serialized in native format

Post by Yeray » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Oliver,

You are right. I've added it to the wish list to be implemented in future releases (TF02016310).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Oli

Post by Oli » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 am

Hi Yeray,

many thanks. I hope it can be implemented in the next release as preserving the size of chart is important in my application...workarounds getting too complicated and are prone for bugs.

Cheers
Oliver

Oli

Post by Oli » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi Sandra, Hi Yeray,

I just wanted to ask if the bug regarding serilization of chart size (TF02016310) can be set to a higher priority. It seems the bug was not fixed in the recent release, but fixing it is important for the release of our application. I would appreciate it.

Cheers
Oli

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:46 am

Hello Oli,

Ok. I have increase this severity of bug number [TF02016310] to treat it to upcoming versions of TeeChartFor.Net. On the other hand, I inform you that the time we need to fix the bugs depends on any variables such as the complexity of the problem, the number of issues with even higher priority that claims our team attention. For this reason, i recommend you to be aware at this forum, our RSS news feed, twitter and facebook accounts for new release announcements and what's implemented on them.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Oli

Post by Oli » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:53 am

Hi Sandra,

I would like to check with you on the bug TF02016310. I understand fixing bugs can be a challenging, but it would be great to get an update for our further development and beta release. I appreciate any update you may have.

Many thanks
Oli

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Hello Oli,

Sorry for the delay on this. There was an early design reason we didn't serialize the Chart size to start with. We are looking at that now to see if there's a still a good reason for that to be the case. If not we'll add the feature to be active in the next update. Either way we'll get back to this thread in the next few days with the reply.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am

Hello Oli,

We are working to find a best way to achieve what you wants, but we aren't 100% sure that the solution works as you want, so works with size serialization has certain complexity and before implement a solution for you, we would be very grateful if you can explain us, how do you consider serialization of size must behave or work?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Oli

Post by Oli » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi Sandra,

in my application a user can make several charts, which are organized in a tree window. The user can select the chart from the tree window for viewing or editing. As part of editing functions, the user can change the size of individual charts. The user can save all charts in the native .ten format as part of a project file. However, after loading the charts the size in which it was saved is not preserved. It is always loaded in the same, and rather small size.

I would like that the user-selected size is saved in the native format. Similarly, it would be nice to have the value of the location property being saved too. I hope that helps to find out if serlization of the size and location property is feasible.

Cheers
Oliver

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:36 am

Hello Oliver,

Many thanks for information. We are adding the mechanism that allow save the dimensions of Chart.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Steema Software