some questions about MAUI and WPF MVVM

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
zetian

some questions about MAUI and WPF MVVM

Post by zetian » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:08 am

Hello,

Our company would like to renew our TeeChart subscription, but we are unsure if the current issues with TeeChart have been resolved.

1. We would like to upgrade our existing product to MAUI, but we have not found a detailed introduction to MAUI on your website. We found some examples on GitHub, but we encountered an error at the line of chartView = new ChartView();
Additionally, the example has not been updated for several months. We would like to know if you support MAUI and if it is actively updated.

2. We used the CommunityToolkit.Mvvm to implement the MVVM pattern in WPF. However, we have encountered failures when binding series to TeeChart. We did not find a corresponding solution on your website, and we would appreciate it if you could provide us with an example.

3.We noticed that there is a "FastLine" class in the package, but we were not able to use it successfully. Could you provide us with an example of how to use the FastLine version?

Below is our usage example and error message:

{
InitializeComponent();
if (DataContext is SpectrumViewModel viewModel)
{
Task.Run(async () =>
{
while (true)
{
await Application.Current.Dispatcher.InvokeAsync( () =>
{
SpecRbzChart.Series.Clear();
for (var i = 0; i < viewModel.Components.Count; i++)
{

if (!viewModel.Components[i].IsCheck) continue;

FastLine line = new FastLine();

line.DataSource = GlobalInfo.GetInstance()._gasRBZ[viewModel.Components[i].Name];

var color = ConstColor.ColorPairs[ConstColor.SpecNames[i]];

var mediaColor = Color.FromArgb(color.A, color.R, color.G, color.B);

line.Color = color;

SpecRbzChart.Series.Add(line);

}
});
await Task.Delay(2000);
}
});
}
}

Error: System.ArgumentException:“The value "" is not of type "TeeChart.Xaml.WPF.Series.Series" and cannot be used in this generic collection. Arg_ParamName_Name”

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: some questions about MAUI and WPF MVVM

Post by Pep » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:44 pm

Hello,

please, find my answer about point 1 MAUI below. About MVVM and WPF my colleage will answer as soon as possible.
1. We would like to upgrade our existing product to MAUI, but we have not found a detailed introduction to MAUI on your website. We found some examples on GitHub, but we encountered an error at the line of chartView = new ChartView();
Additionally, the example has not been updated for several months. We would like to know if you support MAUI and if it is actively updated.
Some months ago we released a TeeChart MAUI version, but only for iOS and Android, due to some problems and compatibilities with Windows version.
Now, we're working on a new updated version, that willl include Windows platform too, and some other improvements on a unified canvas.
I think we'll be able to have a published version in few weeks. In meantime, if you need help creating a MAUI app with the existing nuget package let us know and we'll try to help on it.