Compatibility Delphi 5 <-> Delphi 7

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
TineA

Compatibility Delphi 5 <-> Delphi 7

Post by TineA » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:03 am

Hallo!

I create a new project (just a blank Form) in Delphi 5. Then I open this project in Delphi 7, compile and run it. Everything is O.K. Then I add a TChart on the form and try to compile. It doesn't work (error message:File not found:'TeeProcs.dcu').
Then I made new project with D7, add TChart and compile: everything O.K. The structure of the project seems to be identical to the previous project, which doesn't work.

The actual problem is that I have a large program with TChart in D5 and I want to recompile it in D7.

TineA

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:03 am

>(error message:File not found:'TeeProcs.dcu').
Most likely the problem is you have not set the correct search path (it must be set where you have the compiled TeeChart Pro sources).

>The actual problem is that I have a large program with TChart in D5 and >I want to recompile it in D7.
And have you tried to recompile it using the D7 and TeeChart Pro v6 ?
Did you get any errors ? If so, most likely the problem is that your project might still be referencing old TeeChart files.

To check/fix this problem, open bpg file and check if the project references to TeeChart v6 packages (they will have Tee67 in their name). If there are any other (older version) Teechart packages, replace them with new package names.

Also, if you are using the "build with the runtime packages" option, you should check if Delphi removed references to tee70 files and replaced them with new tee67 files. If this is not the case, you'll have to manually remove all old TC4 Standard packages (they will have tee70 in their name) and replace them with new TC6 packages (they have tee67 in their name ).

Josep Lluis Jorge
http://support.steema.com