TSeriesGroups

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Lucien

TSeriesGroups

Post by Lucien » Mon May 12, 2008 11:09 am

Hi

I setup seriesgroups in the Delphi IDE, but at runtime the series in the different seriesgroups are missing (the settings are not saved).

At the moment I am having to reallocate these series into the different groups with code. It would be better if I could save the series into their groups at design time.

Please advice?

Regards
Lucien

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon May 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi Lucien,

You can add a TChartEditor at designtime, assign it to a TChart, go to TChartEditor's Options property at the Object Inspector and enable ceGroups. That way you'll be able to use series groups at designtime.

If the problem persists please send us a simple example project we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here.

You can either post your files at news://www.steema.net/steeam.public.attachments newsgroup or at our upload page.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Lucien

Post by Lucien » Tue May 13, 2008 6:22 am

Hi

I tried this but the problem persists.

It does not help if I send you the Delphi Project files because when you save the project and then recall it the serries allocated to the group series are not reflected in the specified series as they should be.

Please can you try the following:

1) Use a TDBchart. TChartEditor and Tcommander connect them.
2) create two seriesGroups GROUP1 and GROUP2
3) Create two Series - SERIES1 and SERIES2 and allocate each to a corresponding group. change dataset property of each series to manual.

If you save the project and reopen it, the seriesgroups will be present but the different series that they should contain are missing. The series are reflected but not contained in the groupseries.

The same thing happens when you run the program. Now view with the commander. The two series and two groupseries will be seen in the chart editor. However the groupseries will contain no series as they should.

Please Assist?

Lucien

Post by Lucien » Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 am

Hi the first sentance should read?

It does not help if I send you the Delphi Project files because when you save the project and then recall it the serries allocated to the group series are not reflected in the specified seriesgroups as they should be.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue May 13, 2008 11:24 am

Hi Lucien,

Sorry, we have found that this is a known issue already listed on our defect list to be fixed for future releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum