Custom Axis Label positions

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Damon

Custom Axis Label positions

Post by Damon » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:18 pm

I’m using TeeChart 6.01 with Delphi 6.

I have a line chart with 4 vertical axes: the standard Left & Right axes and two custom axes. The axes are organized on the chart such that the left side of the chart contains the standard Left axis and one custom axis and the right side of the chart contains the standard Right axis and the other custom axis. All 4 vertical axes are Logarithmic and Automatic. I’m using the OnGetAxisLabel event to only display axis labels which begin with a 5 or 1 for ALL axes. The only problem is the standard axis labels and custom axis labels overlap. With the OnGetAxisLabel event, I can put all custom axis labels on a second line by appending #13 to the LabelText parameter but this makes the value look as if it corresponds to the next grid line below.

How would one keep them side by side and separated by some delimiter like a forward slash (/)?

I thought about simply appending space characters to the end of my standard left axis labels (the amount of space characters that correspond to the length of the label) but this doesn’t work for the right side of the chart because I would have to append spaces to the front of the custom axis labels based on the length of the regular right axis label lengths, which are not know at the time of the OnGetAxisLabel event.

Any suggestions?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:45 pm

Hi Damon,

how about increasing the PositionPercent for the Custom Axis labels for the left side and decreasing it for the right side ?