TeeRecompile.exe from 7.11 broken for BDS2006?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ibauer

TeeRecompile.exe from 7.11 broken for BDS2006?

Post by ibauer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to install Teechart Pro VCL 7.11 into both BDS2006/Win32 and Delphi 2007 for Win32 at the same time (binary installer first, then source code and finally launched TeeRecompile.exe). Everything went OK. Then I tried to compile a new features demo example, while I was successfull with D2007, on the other hand BDS2006 compiler emitted a bunch of errors that unit TeeXYZ was compiled with different version of TeeZYX.TypeABC.

As this is a well known error, I was going to verify that there is no mistake on my side, i.e. checked if standard/previous versions have been completely uninstalled and that no other traces left on the hard drive. Did not help. So I uninstalled 7.11 and reinstalled it again. Did not help.

As the last resort, I opened a package project group from the Sources directory, did the Build All in the IDE. Then copied the dcu files from Sources directory to Compiled\D10\Lib, designtime package to Compiled\D10\Bin and all runtime packages to $(Windows)\System32. Restarted the computer and since then it worked just fine!

So, I have a strong suspicion that there is something broken in TeeRecompile.exe with regard to compiling into BDS2006. I'd guess that an incorrect version of dcc32 gets called when compilation target is BDS2006. Could you please investigate this issue?

Thanks!
Ivo Bauer [OZM Research]