TChart6 Installation Problems

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
kmanuele

TChart6 Installation Problems

Post by kmanuele » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:53 pm

Trying to install v6.01 into BCB5 w/Update 1:

First, I removed all TeeChart 5.02 packages from BCB (there are no TeeChart files in BCB). There are only 2 packages installed: Borland Standard Components and Delphi 1.0 Compatibility Components.

Then, the TeeChart 6 installation put all the source files into their own folders (it did not alter my BCB folders). This is good.

The instructions say to do a "build all packages". There are 12 of them --which is its own problem. I note that none of the packages have the include or lib directories set to the TeeChart 6 source folder. This is bad. So I set BCB's environment options to the path -- hoping it would work.

Trying to build package group Tee6BCB5. The first package causes numerous errors: "unable to find package import" tee6c5.bpi, teeui6c5.bpi, etc. It seems like it is looking for packages that haven't been built yet. I do not know why it's looking for qrpt50 !?

So I cycled through all the "cancels" many many times until it comes to building DCLTeePro6C5.bpl, and I get a "pascal fatal error" in ChartReg.pas which says "file not found: ColnEdit.dcu". This file is not in the TeeChart 6 folders.

I have struggled with TeeChart installations for a long time now, and this is very, very frustrating and very time consuming. Except for installing into its own folder, there have been no improvements.

I'm going to re-install v5.02

Kevin

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:09 am

Hi Kevin,

if you're source code customer, have you tried to use the TeeRecompile tool which is available for download on our web site, at the "Private customers download page" which will do all automatically (recompile/install from sources). ?