Compile problems

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
xanopadmin

Compile problems

Post by xanopadmin » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:23 pm

Hello,

I am trying to compile Teechart v601 with Borland C++ Builder 6 (evaluation copy of Borland). I was unable to get successful results from following the install txt that comes with your source and also directions previously sent to the other admin here. The company has had a license for the software for the better part of a year and been unable to use it so I am trying to make it work.

Upon finding this: http://www.berneda.com/publicnews/publi ... 010000.htm

I deleted everything teechart related from my prior install attempts and downloaded and ran the recompiler.

It returns the error: Error moving file C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v601 Full Source Code\Sources to: C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v601 Full Source Code\Sources \compiled\BuilderC6\System

When I looked at the destination I saw that it had created builderc6 and bin, include, lib and system and put files in lib. The other directories are empty.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Lara Ullman

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:57 am

Hi Lara,

have you tried to use the TeeRecompile tool (which is available on our web site at the "private customers download page") to compile/install the TeeChart Pro Sources, if not, I suggest you downlaod it and use it.
It will do all the installation of sources automatically.

Josep Lluis Jorge
http://support.steema.com

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:51 pm

Hi, Lara.

Can you confirm you're using CBuilder 6 Trial version (and not Personal, Professional, or Enterprise version) ? TeeChart cannot be used with CBC or Delphi Trial version (BCB/Delphi Trial does not allow installing 3rd party tools, I think).
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

xanopadmin

teechart

Post by xanopadmin » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:55 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Pep - I have used the recompile tool as noted in my post and the post I referenced.

Marjan - I think it won't work with the trial version too now! But I am wondering how to get it to work with any version.

When we originally purchased Teechart, the other admin asked if it would work with the Std version of Borland (which we own) and was told yes. A later email from Mr. Jorge says it does as well and points to a file that seems to be a std pkg. At some point he says someone told him it required the professional enterprise edition. Not wanting to purchase a copy of this solely for Steema if the software wouldn't work, he tried installing it with the trial version.

What I would like to know definitively is does the standard version of Borland work with your product?

If so, I am going to try wiping everything out again, installing the standard version and using the recompile tool since I am not sure the tool was available when our other admin was attempting to install this.

Hi, Colin.
>
> Yes, we're quite aware of the BCB installer problems. We'll try to sort them
> out and post new installers when most of our staff comes back from holiday
> (by the end of August).

Is this recompile tool the new installer and is it working for everyone except us? The install.txt instructions were woefully inadequate.

edit: I just looked at the date on the Teerecompile and its modified date is 10/28/2002 so I guess that is not the new one? Is there a newer version?

xanopadmin

teechart

Post by xanopadmin » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:35 pm

I have email in to Borland to ask if the enterprise trial is fully functional and allows installation of third party tools.

xanopadmin

teechart

Post by xanopadmin » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:03 pm

Hi,

I still haven't received a reply on whether Teechart 6.01 is officially supposed to work with the Standard/Personal version of Borland C++ Builder.

I'd also like to know if I am using the right recompile/installer tool, since you referenced a new one coming out in that post and the one I am using is dated in 2002.

I tried to run the recompile tool using C++Builder Personal/Standard 6. It failed with the same error I got with the Enterprise Trial version.

It is not anything permission related because it can create the directories and write to the lib one. It is also not space related because there is plenty of space on the drive.

thank you.

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:44 pm

Hi.
Teechart 6.01 is officially supposed to work with the Standard/Personal version of Borland C++ Builder.
The TeeChart v6 binaries installer version (non-source version) will work only with BCB6 Professional and/or Enterprise version. It will not work with BCB6 Personal version.
On the other hand, if you have TeeChart v6 source code license, you could compile and install TeeChart v6 packages - at least in theory. But not by using TeeRecompile.exe tool (it doesn't use different package list for different BCB6 versions), but you'll have to open the Tee6BCBStd.bpg project group and compile/build all packages. I haven't tested this approach with BCB6 Personal (I don't have it), but couple of customers were able to compile/install it.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com