Installation - here we go again !!

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
kmanuele

Installation - here we go again !!

Post by kmanuele » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:42 pm

Trying to do a manual install of 7.04 into BCB5.

Same exact problems as with v6.

Remove all old packages, remove Tee* files from \System32, etc. There are no packages in BCB except Borland standard components.

Do a build-all, and the project can't find any of the succeeding project files. The TeeChart installation apparently doesn't know where it installed itself !! Incredible, after all these updates.

Cancel through all the errors, and most of the source compiles until DclTeePro7C5 and "can't find ColnEdit" appears again. Same old problem!

Basically, the installation instructions still DO NOT WORK. Has Steema actually tested these procedures in BCB, in the IDE?

I'm very tired of this. If this wasn't such good software, I'd dump it in a microsecond. Much, much time has been wasted.

Please, please fix this problem. Take some lessons from TMSSoftware. Their source code compiles and packages install without any of these problems.

I strongly request a step-by-step procedure to manually install this product WITHOUT USING TEERECOMPILE !!! I shouldn't have to use a special installer tool to compile source code I paid for.

Unhappily,

Kevin