Installation in Delphi 11.1

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
tlklacki

Installation in Delphi 11.1

Post by tlklacki » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:41 pm

Hello. Sorry to add a topic that is very similar to another topic from a couple months ago, but reading through that older topic and attempting what was suggested, i'm still having trouble.

We are migrating our code to Delphi 11.1 Alexandria from Delphi 10.1 Berlin. We used Steema's TeeChart in 10.1, but got the updated VCL installation program. (TeeChartVCLFMX-2022.35.exe). After completing the installation, and opening Delphi 11.1, I get errors (see attached picture). The previous topic i read got pretty much the same error, and seemingly "fixed" the issue by upgrading to 11.1 from 11.0. However, we were already up to date to 11.1 before installing TeeChart. I have tried running the installer exe as administrator, without any change. Checking Delphi's Packages Options list in a project, it can recognize the TeeChart options are available (see picture), but checking the box for "TeeChart Pro 2022 VCL Components", we get the same sort of error. I saw in the other topic that there was an installation error that prompted us to copy a backup of certain files. I got that too, and put back those backed up files before trying the install program again, but that did not work for us.

Can you offer any other ideas about dealing with these errors? Is there anything involving 32 bit vs. 64 bit when it comes to installing TeeChart that would cause a problem? Does the fact that we are currently running both Delphi 10.1 and 11.1 on the same computer at the same time cause a confusion to the installer?

Thank you to anyone that can answer.
Attachments
TeeChart error packages.png
TeeChart error packages.png (30.74 KiB) Viewed 3651 times
TeeChart error.png
TeeChart error.png (8.42 KiB) Viewed 3651 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation in Delphi 11.1

Post by Yeray » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:27 am

Hello,

First let me copy the generic explanation about these type of errors, which I'm afraid are very common:

---

The error message "Cannot load package *Tee*. It contains unit *, which is also contained in package *Tee*", where any of the *Tee* packages ends with a "0" (*Tee*0), indicates that the TeeChart Standard package that was shipped with the IDE (*Tee*0) is still trying to be loaded, and this creates a conflict with the version you've just installed.

There are two possible causes and solutions for this error:

- If the TeeChart Standard/Lite package shipped with the IDE (*Tee*0) is present and selected in the list of packages in the IDE, please uncheck it. Then you should be able to select the TeeChart Pro/Std commercial package (*Tee*) in the same list.

- There are some 3rd party tools (*) that can be referencing the TeeChart Standard/Lite package shipped with the IDE, and thus causing this conflict. Please try to uncheck temporally any 3rd party tool package you may have installed in the list of packages to try to identify which one is causing the conflict.

(*) Some known 3rd party tools using TeeChart Standard/Lite are: FastReports, DevExpress and ReportBuilder.
Steema Software supports the integration of TeeChart into QuickReport and IntraWeb. Any other integration is supported by the 3rd party tool manufacturer.

---
tlklacki wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:41 pm
Checking Delphi's Packages Options list in a project, it can recognize the TeeChart options are available (see picture), but checking the box for "TeeChart Pro 2022 VCL Components", we get the same sort of error.
The thing is there's another package referencing "Tee9280", which is the TeeChart Standard/Lite that was shipped with the IDE.
I can't see the full list in that screenshot.
tlklacki wrote:
I saw in the other topic that there was an installation error that prompted us to copy a backup of certain files. I got that too, and put back those backed up files before trying the install program again, but that did not work for us.
That's a warning, not an error. The message just informs that the packages for the TeeChart Standard/Lite that were shipped with the IDE will be moved to a backup folder precisely to try to avoid conflicts.
And they are backup and not just removed because customers who are now installing the Pro/Standard commercial version may want to uninstall it in a future, and they may want to restore the original TeeChart Standard/Lite version that was shipped with the IDE.
tlklacki wrote:
Can you offer any other ideas about dealing with these errors?
Yes, as indicated above, I'd uncheck temporally any 3rd party tool package you may have installed in the list of packages to try to identify which one is causing the conflict.
tlklacki wrote:
Is there anything involving 32 bit vs. 64 bit when it comes to installing TeeChart that would cause a problem?
No it shouldn't.
tlklacki wrote:
Does the fact that we are currently running both Delphi 10.1 and 11.1 on the same computer at the same time cause a confusion to the installer?
No. You should be able to have multiple RAD Studios and you can have the same TeeChart version or different TeeChart versions installed in each IDE.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

tlklacki

Post by tlklacki » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:29 pm

Thank you for replying to my question. It appears your solutions were on the right track. Just in case it helps anyone else out there, my errors seems to disappear after clearing the checks for the Developers Express packages for ExpressPrinting as seen in the attached picture. I was prompted after clearing the check that a couple package names were no longer associated with any installed package (namely "tee" and "teedb" i believe). I said yes to the prompt to have them uninstalled as well. I was then able to click the checks for the newly installed TeeChart Pro packages.
Attachments
teechart packages fix.png
teechart packages fix.png (40.4 KiB) Viewed 3565 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:57 am

Hello,

I'm glad to hear you could solve it!
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy