Visualize 32 bit values from 0 to 0xFFFFFFFF

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Luca

Visualize 32 bit values from 0 to 0xFFFFFFFF

Post by Luca » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:21 am

Hi,
i'm using a FastLine Serie and i need to visualize 32 bit values on left axis from 0 to 0xFFFFFFFF. The problem is that the serie works with double values and a value higher than 0x7FFFFFFF is displayed as a negative. I only need to display positive values (from a minimum of 0 to a max of 0xFFFFFFFF). Is there a way to solve my problem?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Visualize 32 bit values from 0 to 0xFFFFFFFF

Post by Yeray » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:54 am

Hello,

You could intercept the labels at OnGetAxisLabel event and modify them to fit your needs.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Luca

Post by Luca » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:41 am

Thank you for your answer, that sure is useful, but that doesn't solve my problem.
I'm sorry to resume this post, i will try to be explain better my problem with an example:

The image shows my problem, the axis are in hexadecimal format, but my problem are not the axis, but the values of the Chart (TFastLine). So the value at 0x90 (on Bottom-Axis where is the cursor) is 0x8991B183 (Left-Axis) and is not shown correctly on the Chart because it is greater than 0x80000000. Or to be more accurate, the value is not visible but is been drawn as a negative, but what i need is to draw it as a positive, and thus consequently draw all values greater than 0x80000000 as positives! In my application i don't need to view negative values.

I think of a workaround to manipulate values before drawing them but seems a pain. I thought there should be a simpler way to do it.

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png (12 KiB) Viewed 4489 times

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:50 am

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay with this reply, we'd missed the post. To help us along, could you send us a small code sample or project that reproduces the problem; it will help us debug it and offer up possible solutions. You can send it to info@steema.com

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:54 am

Hello,

Problem reported as resolved. We understand that It may have been related to the code that creates the values.

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support