Multi left axes

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
PoLabs

Multi left axes

Post by PoLabs » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:28 pm

Hi,

I attached an image of chart I would like to create. There are 8 signals and each has it's own left axis. All 8 signals and axes are on the same chart. Is it possible to do that with teechart? I tried to add axes and move them by changing position properties but the end result was quite bad. Can you help me with that, please?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nix
Attachments
mch-tch.png
My current end result
mch-tch.png (161.48 KiB) Viewed 8576 times
multichannel.jpg
This is what I would like to do.
multichannel.jpg (238.44 KiB) Viewed 8573 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multi left axes

Post by Yeray » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:45 am

Hello Nix,

Yes, it's possible.
I'm not sure to understand what don't you like from what you are getting; I see you have two series with a vertical axis assigned to each one. If you do the same for 8 series and 8 axes you should have the desired result.

You can also see the Opaque Zones demo:
opaquezones.png
opaquezones.png (184.87 KiB) Viewed 8561 times
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

PoLabs

Post by PoLabs » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:24 am

I managed to get expected result. At first I was doing it wrong because I didn't use TColorBand but I was manipulating grid properties. Now I see how easy is that with adding series to properly positioned axes and using tcolorband on each axis. I am getting access violation (see attachment) but nevermind... just needed to know if this is possible and how to do it. I don't expect problems with my app. I have license for sources and there are no examples. Where can I download TeeChartPro Examples from?

By the way... TeeChart and other controls are really awsome. I am using it for more than 8 years now and I am very pleased with them. Not to mention great support we always get from you. Keep on doing great job guys!
Attachments
multiaxes.jpg
Great
multiaxes.jpg (384.08 KiB) Viewed 8550 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:40 am

Hi,
PoLabs wrote:I managed to get expected result. At first I was doing it wrong because I didn't use TColorBand but I was manipulating grid properties. Now I see how easy is that with adding series to properly positioned axes and using tcolorband on each axis.
I'm glad to hear you fond how to make it work as you wished!
PoLabs wrote:I am getting access violation (see attachment) but nevermind... just needed to know if this is possible and how to do it. I don't expect problems with my app.
If you can reduce that to a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here we'll be pleased to take a look at it.
PoLabs wrote:I have license for sources and there are no examples. Where can I download TeeChartPro Examples from?
You are right, the sources come without the documentation and examples. However, sourcecode license gives access to the binary version so we use to recommend to install the binary version before the source code version.
An alternative would be to download the precompiled demo here and use the online documentation here.
PoLabs wrote:By the way... TeeChart and other controls are really awsome. I am using it for more than 8 years now and I am very pleased with them. Not to mention great support we always get from you. Keep on doing great job guys!
Thanks for the kind words!
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy