'TTeeCustomToolSeries' is not a member of 'Teengine'

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Jorgen

'TTeeCustomToolSeries' is not a member of 'Teengine'

Post by Jorgen » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:24 pm

Hi All

When I compile my old Borland v5/TeeChart v5 project with Borland v6/TeeChart v7 I get the following compiler error:

[C++ Error] TeeTools.hpp(45): E2316 'TTeeCustomToolSeries' is not a member of 'Teengine'

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Regards Jørgen

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:35 pm

Hi.

First thing to do is check the project group file and replace all references to old TeeChart v5 for BCB5 packages with new names. For example, your old project group file might use Tee5C5.lib, TeeUI5C5.lib, Tee5C5.bpi and TeeUI5C5.bpi libraries/packages. You have to remove these files and replace them with TeeChart v7 for BCB6 files. In your case

Code: Select all

Tee5C5.lib -> replace -> Tee7C6.lib
Tee5C5.bp -> replace -> Tee7C6.bpi
The easiest way to edit and change project group file is opening and editing it in any ascii editor (notepad should do the trick).
Next thing to do is check if your project library and include paths point to TeeChart v7 CBuilder6\Lib and CBuilder6\Include folders. If this is not the case, manually add these folders to your project library and include path lists.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

Jorgen

Post by Jorgen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:01 am

Hi,

Doesn't help. I have renamed all ...5C5 to 7C6 and checked all paths (both projects and environment) for reference to old directories. Still get the same error.

Any other suggestion will be greatly appriciated

Jørgen

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:27 am

Hi Jørgen,

It looks to me BCB or your project might still be referencing old TeeChart files.
Check the include and library paths. Especially check if Teechart v7 paths are first on the list. If they are not move them to first place. Next thing to do is make a list of all files in TeeChart v7 \Cbuilder6\ directories. Then search other BCB include and library path directories for duplicate files. If you find any, remove/backup them.