First of all, note a difference between Windows 32 and 64bits (Wikipedia):
- In 64bit Windows:
- Windows\System32 is the folder for the 64bit runtime libraries.
- Windows\SysWOW64 is the folder for the 32bit runtime libraries.
- In 32bit Windows:
- Windows\System32 is the folder for the 32bit runtime libraries.
TeeInstall utility is shipped with binary installations. This utility is a subset of TeeRecompile (tool shipped wit the SourceCode version) that tries to install/uninstall TeeChart components into the given IDE.
If you suspect TeeChart was wrongly installed, we suggest to reinstall TeeChart running TeeInstall utility in the TeeChart installation folder. Note you may have to run it twice, one to uninstall the component from the IDE, and a second one to install it again. This process doesn't remove the folder structure of the TeeChart installation and you won't have to register the component again; it just uninstalls the component from the target IDE if found, otherwise, it installs the component present in the same folder as TeeInstall being run into the target IDE.
SourceCode customers with installation problems can either build and reinstall TeeChart directly using TeeRecompile. Note TeeRecompile generates a TeeInstall for each IDE it compiles the TeeChart sources with, so SourceCode customers can also use TeeInstall if they wish.
Here there are some instructions to make sure the packages and the paths loaded in the IDE are correct:
- Open the IDE with no project loaded.
- From RAD XE2, make sure you have "VCLTee" (for VCL projects) or "FMXTee" (for FMX projects) in the unit scope names.
- Go to "Component/Install Packages...". In this list, check the TeeChart Pro components are selected and not the Lite/Standard version that was shipped with the IDE.
- Delphi personality: Go to "Tools/Options.../Environment Options/Delphi Options/Library". Here check the "Library path" and "Debug DCU path". Check the following paths are on the TOP of the lists:
32-bit Windows:Library path wrote: \Delphi26.win32\Lib
64-bit Windows:Debug DCU path wrote: \Delphi26.win32\LibLibrary path wrote: \Delphi26.win64\Lib
OS X:Debug DCU path wrote: \Delphi26.win64\LibLibrary path wrote: \Delphi26.osx32\Lib
iOS Device - 32 bit:Debug DCU path wrote: \Delphi26.osx32\LibLibrary path wrote: \Delphi26.iOSDevice\Lib
iOS Device - 64 bit:Debug DCU path wrote: \Delphi26.iOSDevice\LibLibrary path wrote: \Delphi26.iOSDevice64\Lib
iOS Simulator:Debug DCU path wrote: \Delphi26.iOSDevice64\LibLibrary path wrote: \Delphi26.iossimulator\Lib
Android:Debug DCU path wrote: \Delphi26.iossimulator\LibLibrary path wrote: \Delphi26.android\LibDebug DCU path wrote: \Delphi26.android\Lib
- C++Builder personality: Go to "Tools/Options.../Environment Options/C++ Options/Paths and Directories". Here check the "System Include path" and "Library path". Check the following paths are on the TOP of the lists:
Note since RAD 10 Seattle there are two C++ Compilers and two tabs ("Compiler" and "Classic Compiler"). Both should contain the same references:System Include path wrote: \Delphi26.win32\Include
64-bit Windows:Library path wrote: \Delphi26.win32\Lib
\Delphi26.win32\Lib\ObjSystem Include path wrote: \Delphi26.win64\Include
OS X:Library path wrote: \Delphi26.win64\Lib
\Delphi26.win64\Lib\ObjSystem Include path wrote: \Delphi26.osx32\Include
iOS Simulator:Library path wrote: \Delphi26.osx32\Lib
\Delphi26.osx32\Lib\ObjSystem Include path wrote: \Delphi26.iossimulator\IncludeLibrary path wrote: \Delphi26.iossimulator\Lib
- The paths above are not complete; they are relative to where you installed TeeChart. Ie, if you've installed TeeChart at
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL 2019"
where says "\Delphi26.win32\Lib" it's meant to be:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL 2019\Delphi26.win32\Lib"
- The references above are for RAD Studio 10.3 Rio, that is internally named "Delphi26". Here it is a list of the paths for the other IDEs with their internal names:
- Delphi 7: Relative Path for Delphi 7 wrote:\Delphi7\
- RAD Studio 2007: Relative Path for RAD Studio 2007 wrote:\Delphi11\
- RAD Studio 2009: Relative Path for RAD Studio 2009 wrote:\Delphi12\
- RAD Studio 2010: Relative Path for RAD Studio 2010 wrote:\Delphi14\
- RAD Studio XE: Relative Path for RAD Studio XE wrote:\Delphi15\
- RAD Studio XE2:
Relative Path for RAD Studio XE2 wrote:\Delphi16.win32\
- RAD Studio XE3:
Relative Path for RAD Studio XE3 wrote:\Delphi17.win32\
- RAD Studio XE4:
Relative Path for RAD Studio XE4 wrote:\Delphi18.win32\
- RAD Studio XE5:
Relative Path for RAD Studio XE5 wrote:\Delphi19.win32\
- RAD Studio XE6:
Relative Path for RAD Studio XE6 wrote:\Delphi20.win32\
- RAD Studio XE7:
Relative Path for RAD Studio XE7 wrote:\Delphi21.win32\
- RAD Studio XE8:
Relative Path for RAD Studio XE8 wrote:\Delphi22.win32\
- RAD Studio 10 Seattle:
Relative Path for RAD Studio 10 Seattle wrote:\Delphi23.win32\
- RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin:
Relative Path for RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin wrote:\Delphi24.win32\
- RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo:
Relative Path for RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo wrote:\Delphi25.win32\
- RAD Studio 10.3 Rio:
Relative Path for RAD Studio 10.3 Rio wrote:\Delphi26.win32\
- Delphi 7:
- As said above, please check the above paths are on the top of their respective lists, and also check there's no other reference to an older TeeChart installation.