No new components after install

TeeChart FireMonkey (Windows,OSX,iOS & Android) for Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder (XE5+)
FlyGuy

No new components after install

Post by FlyGuy » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:43 pm

I am using RAD Studio 11.0 Alexandria on a Windows 10 machine to write programs for Linux. I am working on a program that is running on Linux. I can run the program on Windows, or on the Linux machine.
I need to be able to use a TChart in a Linux program, so I bought Tee Chart Pro with Source Code.
I downloaded and installed Tee Chart Pro w/Source according to the instructions. The install seemed successful. Then a program ran which would “Generate the prefixed units in the FMX folder”. My instructions told me to do this from the command Line, but I thought this must be new and the right way to go. I ran it. I got an error which I failed to write down. I tried doing it from the command line with: “TeeRecompile -generateunits:28”. I got this error message: “ ‘TeeRecompile’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.”
I added the FMX folder to the library path, and I added the FMXTee library scope. I don’t see any new components in the pallet. I only see Tee Chart Lite, with TChart and 3D TChart. I have looked while set up for the Linux program, and when set up for a VCL program.
In ProgramFiles(x86) the installation created many folders. Steema Software Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code
In that folder there are: Compiled, Source, TEEMaker and TeeTree folders, and these files: License.txt, Release.txt, TeeRecompile.exe, uninstall.dat, Uninstall.exe and Welcome.txt.
Inside the Source folder there are: FMX, FMX_XE6, FMX_XE35, Unicode.Langs, and VCL folders, as well as 2578 files which are .pas, .bmp, .dfm, .dpk, and .res.
Inside the FMX folder are 510 items. They are ,dpk, .pas, .fmx, .res, .rc, and there is a file named TeeDefs.inc, and one named FMXTee.Chart.ListBox.Style.fsf . 139 are FMX files.

Did I fail to do something ? What do I do now ?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No new components after install

Post by Yeray » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:08 pm

Hello,
FlyGuy wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:43 pm
I added the FMX folder to the library path, and I added the FMXTee library scope.
That should be enough.
If the FMX folder is already created, it should contain all the necessary to build a project using TeeChart Pro targetting Linux, even if the design time packages are still the TeeChart Lite version.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

FlyGuy

Post by FlyGuy » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:20 pm

I think what you are saying is that new component icons are not added and I should use a TChart from TChart Lite, and it will now work. But both components in TChart lite are greyed out, unavailable when i am working with Linux. And Linux is the only thing not listed when I hover over the components. What do i do ?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:31 pm

Hello,

The idea would be to use the components directly at runtime, without any design-time.
Ie, instead of dragging the TChart into the form, you write this at FormCreate:

Code: Select all

var Chart1: TChart;
procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  Chart1:=TChart.Create(Self);
  Chart1.Parent:=Self;
  Chart1.Align:=TAlignLayout.Client;
end;
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

FlyGuy

Post by FlyGuy » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:00 pm

Hi,
I started a new Delphi Linux project to test this. I was getting an error. I looked at an FMX program I wrote using a TChart Lite. There were four things in the uses. I added these to the uses and it fixed the errors and I have opened an empty 3-D TChart on a form in Linux. Now I need more information. I can't find a full online manual for TCHart Pro, please send me a link. How can I place the chart on a tabsheet or panel or rectangle, rather than directly in the upper left of the form ?
I need to know the runtime code to programmatically do such things as change the chart type, I have been using 2-D charts with dots. I need to know the commands for things I used to do at Design time.
Thank you for your help.

FlyGuy

Post by FlyGuy » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:38 pm

I figured out how to put the chart on a rectangle, so I now have control of position and size. So please forget that portion of my question.

Another thing I need to know how to do is to programmatically add a series.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:02 am

Hello,

To add series to the chart, you need to know the series class. In your case, it's TPointSeries.
Then you just pass it to the AddSeries method. If you cast the returned object to TPointSeries, you can store the series in a variable. Ie:

Code: Select all

var pointSeries1: TPointSeries;
begin
  pointSeries1:=TPointSeries(Chart1.AddSeries(TPointSeries));
  pointSeries1.FillSampleValues();
Find the online documentation here.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

FlyGuy

Post by FlyGuy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:09 pm

How do i make the chart a 2-D Point chart ?

FlyGuy

Post by FlyGuy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:58 pm

Hello,

I am using TeeChart Pro with RAD Studio 11/Delphi 11, to write programs for Linux. I need to know how to do everything programmatically that I used to do at design time.

For example, How to I set the Chart Title ? I tried Chart1.Title := ‘Text’:, but I get the error E2010 Incompatible Types ‘TchartTitle’ and ‘string’. I tried Chart1.Title := StrToChartTitle(‘Text’); and StringToChartTitle(‘Text’); and with both got this error Undeclared Identifier StrToChartTitle, and StringToChartTitle. So I need to know how to convert a String to a TChartTitle.

I need to know how to make the chart a 2-D Point Chart.
I need to know how to change the color of the points.
I need to know how to change the size of the points.
I need to know how to change the background color of the chart, if possible.
I need to know how to change the color of the chart legends and grid.
I need to know how to set the minimum and maximum values of the vertical axis.

Or is there some way to open a Chart Designer like I can with TChart Lite ?

Perhaps what you need is an online chart designer. When the user has it looking good, it can show all the code to programmatically make the chart look this way.

I did discover that I can type TChart1. And the IDE will show me all the possibilities. I wish I could print out this list. It is extremely long and difficult to scroll through while reading. And of course there are all the sub choices. You really need to have all this documented. Another possibility is you would have a print out of a procedure which sets everything programmatically, for reference. You could find someone who has a Linux TChart with everything set programmatically, and just copy it for users reference. Of course this doesn’t show the other possibilities. For example, it would show how to make a 2-D point chart, but wouldn’t show how to get the other chart types. I can probably eventually figure out most of this by endlessly searching the list shown when I type TChart1. , but you see it didn’t help so much with the Title.

Thank you for your help.

Chris Landon

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:55 am

Hello Chris,

Another possibility is to switch to the Windows platform in your project and use the editor with that platform selected. Then you should be able to switch to linux platform and build.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

FlyGuy

Post by FlyGuy » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:34 pm

HI,
After reading your reply I thought I would see the chart when I switched to Windows. But no. Isn't it created at run time and therefore doesn't exist at design time ? How can I open the chart editor if it the chart doesn't exist at design time ?

Or do you mean I could start a new or open an old project with a TChart Lite, make it the way I want it, and then somehow find the programmatic code that makes it look the way it does ? Is there a file I can open to see the programmatic code of a TChart Lite ?
Last edited by FlyGuy on Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:56 am

Hello,

Sorry if I'm not explaining my self clearly enough.
I don't find it mentioned in the thread but I assume you are using FMXLinux, isn't it?
The idea is to have two platforms in your project: Windows to design the chart, and Linux to build.
It would mean you could activate the Windows platform to drop the TChart to the form at design time and play with the editor. Then switch to the Linux platform and build.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

FlyGuy

Post by FlyGuy » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:54 pm

I will check, but I think the only icon in my components is for TChartLite, even when in Windows 32bit mode. I have TChartPro with Source code. I am pretty sure there is no visual component, even for Windows. I will check. If I put a TChartLite component on my form, would it be a TChartLite or TChart Pro ? If I changed the settings for a TChart Lite component, can it be saved to work with the TCHart Pro ?

FlyGuy

Post by FlyGuy » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:36 pm

Hi,
I checked and there is only the TChart Lite Icon, and it is not compatible with Linux. Are you suggesting I should put one of these on my form and set it up that way I want, and then there is a way to save these settings to apply to the TChart Pro created at runtime, and then remove the TChart Lite ?

FlyGuy

Post by FlyGuy » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:07 pm

I bought TeeChart Pro with source code so it would work with Linux. There is no visual component for it at design time, with either Windows or Linux. The only visual components I have are under TChart Lite, two components, both grayed out because my program works with Linux and TChart Lite doesn't. So how can I get a chart or a chart designer to show up on my form at design time ? Is there a Chart Designer that was installed with TeeChart Pro with Source Code ? Apparently the only way I can select a chart type, give it title, and use it in my program is if I can set it up at runtime with code. If someone were to tell me the design time code to make it a 2-D point chart, I think I can make some progress.

Before i removed a TChart Lite from it, and replaced it with a runtime TChart Pro with Source code, I had a working project with a chart i had set up completely. It was all FMX, but I found I needed the pro w/source to work with Linux. I can go back to that program. In it I used the chart designer and properties settings to get it set up. Is there a way for me to go back to that and copy out all the chart settings ?