FMX Chart Editor issues

TeeChart FireMonkey (Windows,OSX,iOS & Android) for Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder (XE5+)
JochenB

FMX Chart Editor issues

Post by JochenB » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:41 pm

We are using the ChartEditor in our projects to edit Charts at runtime, and to enable our customers to create Chart templates.
Now with FMX we are facing several issues.

Issues detected just today (Using V 2021.33):

When adding a Shape Series, you cannot select a Style, or Text alignment, or the units.
In the FMXTee.Editor.Series.Shape the Combo boxes are empty, and the RadioGroup things were not ported to FMX.
At least the new FMX - TRadiogroup was not filled with items using the Add function.
Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 17.52.41.png
Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 17.52.41.png (64.64 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
I did not try all the available Series types, to check for similar issues though..

In OSX some of the labels are broken, wrapped, or cut off because of formatting in the individual FMXTee.Editor.xyz files
Example:
Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 18.09.14.png
Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 18.09.14.png (272.31 KiB) Viewed 15621 times
This issue spreads over a few different Editor tabs.

If pressing the Add Series Button in the Chart Editor, the Series Gallery view gets created as usual.
Now, if you resize the window, before selecting anything..The Application will hang. (This is on OSX only, not inside the IDE)
This are the units included in the executable: (Maybe I miss something)
FMXTee.Engine,
FMXTee.Procs,
FMXTee.Chart,
FMXTee.Editor.EditorPanel,
FMXTee.Series,
FMXTee.Series.Shape,
FMXTee.Store,FMXTee.Tools,
FMXTee.Editor.Tools.ColorLine, //every tool supported in the editor needs to add here..
FMXTee.Editor.Tools.Annotation,

This is more a suggestion:
In the individual Series Data Source Tab, under Manual, it would be nice to have at least X and Y columns available.
Text and Y alone is not enough in most cases.
We often use this to put a static Series overlaying some dynamic data..

Your response is very much appreciated

Best Regards

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FMX Chart Editor issues

Post by Yeray » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:19 am

Hello,
JochenB wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:41 pm
When adding a Shape Series, you cannot select a Style, or Text alignment, or the units.
I've seen that so I've added to the public tracker at #2486. And I've corrected it.
JochenB wrote:
In OSX some of the labels are broken, wrapped, or cut off because of formatting in the individual FMXTee.Editor.xyz files
I've added it to the public tracker at #2487.
JochenB wrote:
If pressing the Add Series Button in the Chart Editor, the Series Gallery view gets created as usual.
Now, if you resize the window, before selecting anything..The Application will hang. (This is on OSX only, not inside the IDE)
What TeeChart version are you using? We should have been fixed this in v2020.29 at #2263.
JochenB wrote:
This is more a suggestion:
In the individual Series Data Source Tab, under Manual, it would be nice to have at least X and Y columns available.
Text and Y alone is not enough in most cases.
We often use this to put a static Series overlaying some dynamic data..
The X column is shown as soon as you have some X data on that value list.

Note the editor is a quite complex tool thought to help developers to design the charts writing less code and it's not recommended for final users. Instead, you could create you own editor exposing those properties you'd like the user to play with.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy