Mix builds?

TeeChart FireMonkey (Windows,OSX,iOS & Android) for Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder (XE5+)
relayman

Mix builds?

Post by relayman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi - is it possible to use both the Lite and Pro version at the same time? I'm working in Rad Studio 10.3 (Rio) and i'm trying to avoid the memory leak that is still present (introduced at v2017.22 - http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2243).

The Lite version that ships with Rad Studio covers 95% of my present needs and is old enough to not have the bug. But, i need ability to do polar plots so i purchased the Pro VCL/FMX version (I'm working in FMX). Problem is, the Pro version still has the memory leak.

Can i somehow configure the IDE to use BOTH? I know it is pipe dream, just thought i'd ask.

thanks,
russ

p.s. I tried to download and install the old 2017.21 build of Pro but it does not have option to install on Rio, and after half a day i can't figure out any way to shoehorn it onto Rio.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mix builds?

Post by Yeray » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:27 am

Hello,

You can switch from a TeeChart version to another just by modifying the library path. So, if they are different projects, you should be able to compile your 95% with TeeChart Lite and the other projects with TeeChart Pro.

If you have TeeChart Pro with sources you could download an old version of the sources and compile them for Rio with a few modifications.
However, I'm afraid Steema Software doesn't support this.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy