Improving real-time performance of ColorGrid chart

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
TTL

Improving real-time performance of ColorGrid chart

Post by TTL » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:28 pm

Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience using the ColorGrid chart type? We are using the AddXYZ function to display a rapidly changing plot in real-time and suffering from slow performance. I was sent an article which outlines how to improve performance with certain line graph types (http://www.teechart.net/reference/modul ... icle&sid=6). This was quite helpful but I was not able to find anything similar for the ColorGrid type.

Also, if anyone knows which features should be disabled to improve real-time performance, in particular those which require the most significant overhead.

Thank you very much!

Marc

TTL

I've found some answers already!

Post by TTL » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:51 pm

Hello,

Right after posting, I found the discussion "ColorGrid unacceptable performance" and saw that a lot of work has been done to improve the performance.

Have the changes discussed in that thread been included in v7.0.4455.0 ? In particular the FastColorGrid series? This is the version that we have.

Still, my question remains: can anyone give me some general recommendations/guidelines on plotting large arrays using ColorGrid or FastColorGrid Series in real-time?

Thanks for all your hard work guys!

Marc

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Hi Marc,
Right after posting, I found the discussion "ColorGrid unacceptable performance" and saw that a lot of work has been done to improve the performance.
This topic is about TeeChart for .NET v2. Anyway, ColorGrid enhancements have been done in all TeeChart versions and you may expect improvements in v7.0.1.3 (latest version at the client area) and/or in v8 (version we are currently working in).
Still, my question remains: can anyone give me some general recommendations/guidelines on plotting large arrays using ColorGrid or FastColorGrid Series in real-time?
Have you seen the What's New?\Welcome!\New in Series\ColorGrid RealTime example in the features demo? You'll find the demo at TeeChart's program group. This example may be useful for you.
Thanks for all your hard work guys!
You're very welcome!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum