Problems with scrolling w/ the Right mouse button

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Phoenix

Problems with scrolling w/ the Right mouse button

Post by Phoenix » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:39 pm

When using the Right mouse button to scroll a chart (any plot will do, but a simple 2-d plot is most convenient), scrolling to the left or up accelerates incorrectly. The chart will move faster than the mouse. Moving to the right seems to track more accurately.

Secondly, the mouse is not captured, so the second to scroll outside the bounds of the window, the scrolling stops and isn't recovered until you click again.

These issues are relatively minor, but wanted to bring them to your attention. Thanks again for the great software.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:59 pm

Hi Phoenix,

thanks for the report. I've annotated them on our wish list to be improved for the next releases.

Leroy Casterline

Post by Leroy Casterline » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:05 pm

Pep wrote:Hi Phoenix,

thanks for the report. I've annotated them on our wish list to be improved for the next releases.
I'm running into the same problem in TeeChartPro V7 VCL. Is this fixed in the 7.01 beta release that is now available?

If not, is there a patch or work-around for this?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:53 pm

Hi Leroy,

it has not been fixed in the v7.01. We'll try to fix it for the next release.
You should be able to simulate it using the OnMouseDown,Up and Move events and the SetMinMax method.

Leroy Casterline

Post by Leroy Casterline » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:39 pm

Pep wrote:Hi Leroy,

it has not been fixed in the v7.01. We'll try to fix it for the next release.
You should be able to simulate it using the OnMouseDown,Up and Move events and the SetMinMax method.
Could you please give me an example of this? I need to work-around both the acceleration and mouse capture issues.

Thanks.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:08 am

Hi Leroy,

you can simulate it using similar code to the following :

Code: Select all

Dim mdown As Boolean
Dim xpos As Integer

Private Sub Form_Load()
With TChart1
    .Aspect.View3D = False
    .AddSeries scLine
    .Series(0).FillSampleValues (1000)
    .Page.MaxPointsPerPage = 10
    .Zoom.Enable = False
End With
End Sub

Private Sub TChart1_OnMouseDown(ByVal Button As TeeChart.EMouseButton, ByVal Shift As TeeChart.EShiftState, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long)
mdown = True
xpos = X
End Sub

Private Sub TChart1_OnMouseMove(ByVal Shift As TeeChart.EShiftState, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long)
If mdown = True Then
    If X > xpos Then
     TChart1.Axis.Bottom.SetMinMax TChart1.Axis.Bottom.Minimum + 1, TChart1.Axis.Bottom.Maximum + 1
    Else
     TChart1.Axis.Bottom.SetMinMax TChart1.Axis.Bottom.Minimum - 1, TChart1.Axis.Bottom.Maximum - 1
    End If
End If
End Sub

Private Sub TChart1_OnMouseUp(ByVal Button As TeeChart.EMouseButton, ByVal Shift As TeeChart.EShiftState, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long)
mdown = False
End Sub

Leroy Casterline

Post by Leroy Casterline » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:01 pm

you can simulate it using similar code to the following :

Code: Select all

Dim mdown As Boolean
Dim xpos As Integer
<snip>

That doesn't work. In fact it makes things significantly worse. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I'm using the VCL version of TeeChart 7.

This is an important issue in my application because the user will often drag the chart with the mouse. Could you please escalate this issue so that it is fixed in the 7.01 update (and post a fixed version ASAP)?

Perhaps as this is a VCL issue we should move this conversation to the VCL forum. I'll copy this message as a reply to the message you posted there yesterday and we can continue there.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:17 pm

Hi Leroy,

it's a VB code that works fine for the ActiveX version.
We'll try to fix it for the next maintenance release v7.02 (actualy we're in v7.01).
I'll convert the VB code to Delphi and will post it in the VCL forum.

Leroy Casterline

Post by Leroy Casterline » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:42 pm

it's a VB code that works fine for the ActiveX version.
We'll try to fix it for the next maintenance release v7.02 (actualy we're in v7.01).
I'll convert the VB code to Delphi and will post it in the VCL forum.
Hi, Pep.

I program in BCB rather than Delphi, but I had no problem converting the code. The problem is that the code makes the problem worse rather than better.

I thought 7.01 was still in beta. Has it been released?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:55 pm

Hi Leroy,
I thought 7.01 was still in beta. Has it been released?
Yes, it has been releases (although in the private customers download page still saying 'Beta').

stormin

Post by stormin » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:52 am

8) Need to add my two cents. I have the same problem with the scroll but its much more of a problem. Running Tchart Pro V7.0.0.2 and have 20 years of dated data ( scrolling needs to be simple). Tried your workaround and that will be ok for the short term, but am looking forward to a fix in the next maintenance release. (BTW thanks for taking the time to provide a workaround)

Leroy Casterline

Post by Leroy Casterline » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:42 pm

9523769 wrote:8) Need to add my two cents. I have the same problem with the scroll but its much more of a problem. Running Tchart Pro V7.0.0.2 and have 20 years of dated data ( scrolling needs to be simple). Tried your workaround and that will be ok for the short term, but am looking forward to a fix in the next maintenance release. (BTW thanks for taking the time to provide a workaround)
I couldn't get the work-around to work at all. In fact it made the problem worse.

I'd guess you're using the ActiveX version of TeeChart - I'm using the VCL version, perhaps that's the difference.