Problem with ShowEditor and its modal behavior

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Phoenix

Problem with ShowEditor and its modal behavior

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:44 pm

We have a problem with the ShowEditor call and the behavior of the modal dialog that is displayed. When the dialog comes up, it is modal (which is preferrable), but shows up in the task bar as a separate application called "Editor" (which is annoying, but not fatal). The problem is that if a different program gains focus, then you click on our application in the task bar, our application comes up in front of the editor window, yet is still modal. It looks locked up. To work around it, you simply click on the "Editor" item in the task bar, but I am positive that most people won't notice that and get pretty lost. Is there any way to make the editor dialog properly modal to our application?

Thanks for a great product! Hope to hear back soon.
Nathan

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:33 am

I'm afraid there's no way to solve this. But I've added it on our wish list to be considered for the next releases.

Josep Lluis Jorge
http://support.steema.com

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:24 pm

What is an appropriate way to track this item and be notified when it is resolved?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:28 pm

>What is an appropriate way to track this item and be notified when it is >resolved?

The best way to post your questions/problems/bugs is here (ActuveX forum in your case). For wishes and ideas you can post them in the "Wishes & Ideas" forum.

For the moment the only way to know when a bug is resolved or a new feature is added is seeing the "Release Notes" (Release.txt file which is included in the new releases and also we post on the forums and newsgroups when the new release is ready).
Also, we're preparing other way to allow the customers see the issues and wishes from our web site, but for the moment it's not ready.

Josep Lluis Jorge
http://support.steema.com