First chance Access violation exception

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
TTL

First chance Access violation exception

Post by TTL » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:45 pm

Hello,

I am using TeeChart v7.0.0.5 on Windows XP. This problem occurs both in Visual C++ 6 and in Visual Basic 6.

I got an Access violation exception that is very easy to reproduce. I am not sending an example project since there's absolutely no code to write. Simply pop in a TeeChart on a form, add a ColorGrid series, and set IrregularGrid to true. Do not populate the series.

Run the application and move mouse over the chart. This produces an Access Violation exception. It is a first-chance exception, it is handled using a messagebox.

As soon as there's data in the series, moving the mouse does not crash the application.

Thank you,
Alex

TTL

Post by TTL » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:42 pm

Ok, now I've stumbled on a problem that requires me to send code :-)

I have a chart with one ColorGrid series. I add values dynamically, one row at a time. That project also demonstrates the previous problem of access violation, if mouse hovers over the chart on startup, when the ColorGrid is empty. But the problem I have is somewhat different now.

Settings are initialized in OnInitDialog(). That's where you can set IrregularGrid on and off to see what I mean. Values are added in EmulateSample().

When IrregularGrid is True, the grid colors are not smooth anymore. When IrregularGrid is False, and distance between X values is a fraction, the entire series is "rocking" left and right as values are added.

This "rocking" is not due to palette change that happens as higher values get added.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to fix this on my side?

Thank you,
Alex

TTL

Post by TTL » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:17 pm

Hello,

Have you been able to reproduce problems that I have reported in this thread? Should I create other example projects that demonstrate the problems?

Thanks,
Alex

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:55 pm

Hi Alex,

Sorry for not having replied earlier. This has already been fixed and will be included with v7.06 maintenance release.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum