Different teechart5.ocx versions on same machine

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Lucky_Dog

Different teechart5.ocx versions on same machine

Post by Lucky_Dog » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:13 pm

On occasion, a user will get the follwing message when running our product:
"teechart5.ocx is not the version received with this program"

I assume that this is the Windows Installer trying to match the Windows Registry with our product. If a user has two different versions of teechart5.ocx on their computer for two different products, my understanding is that the Windows Registry can only keep track of one. Is our best solution to upgrade to the latest Version 5 of teechart - or will this still create problems if the user has a Version 6 teechart on their machine?

Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:18 am

Hello,

Yes, only one TeeChart5.ocx may be registered on a machine at one time. That should not cause a problem between different applications provided the latest version that commonly supports both applications is installed. I would advise that you check that the latest version is installed (right-mousebutton click on ocx for version). If the application is doing a check for version that may be informative in itself but different versions (within the same major version number) shouldn't cause an operational problem with any application.

Different major versions, TeeChart v5 and TeeChart v6 (and v4) may co-exist on the same machine as they use independent address ranges.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support