TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
nefis

Color of Series

Post by nefis » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:20 pm

Hello,

I encouner another porblem. Now it's related to series color
I set a series (Line) color to some color:

TChart1.Series(1).Color = vbGreen

but the line is invisible by some reason. TChart1.Series(1).Active is True.
I've tried TChart1.Series(1).Pen.Color = vbGreen with no avail. But I'm sure it's there since the vertical axis is rescaling (the line is dynamic).

If I set color of every point then everything is OK. Like following:

TChart1.Series(1).ColorEachPoint = True
TChart1.Series(1).PointColor(N) = PointColor

What might it be?

nefis

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:30 pm

I cannot reproduce the problem here, could you please post the code here or send me an example to the steema.public.attachments so I can reproduce the problem "as is" here ?

Josep Lluis Jorge
http://support.steema.com

SS

Post by SS » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:33 pm

nefis

What type of series are you using? and What version of TeeChart? It seems we are running into simular issues.

I know with a line series of csFastLine, csLine or csHorizLine I just use
Series(0).Active = true
Series(0).Color = var_holding_color
for line series I don't set the Pen.Color at all.

However for series that our points we noticed with version (6.0.0.3) that Series(0).Color and Series(0).Pen.Color have changed for symbols that are just lines. If you use the symbol that is a DiagCross you need to set Pen.Color to assign the color of the lines that make up the symbol however Pen.Color when your symbol is a Diamond (something filled in) you lose the border color. We needed to add a series of if statements and if the users selects one of the line drawing symbols use Pen.Color and if it is a filled in symbol like diamond don't use the pen.color.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:10 pm

Hi Nefis,

I still without being able to reproduce the problem here, could you please send me an example (to steema.public.attachments newsgroups) with which I can reproduce it "as is" here ?

Josep Lluis Jorge

nefis

Post by nefis » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:12 am

Pep wrote:Hi Nefis,

I still without being able to reproduce the problem here, could you please send me an example (to steema.public.attachments newsgroups) with which I can reproduce it "as is" here ?

Josep Lluis Jorge
Josep,
i'm not sure I'll be able to cut reasonable part from my app, to show you the problem.

nefis

Post by nefis » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:59 pm

the problem was in AddNullXY. I use the function to add a null point (which is not actually null as someone may think). Then I change the points to some actual value. But they have a special color clNone, that is unvisible. the moment i change the color to something meaningful everything is ok.