Deployment of ActiveX Conrtrol on Webserver(IIS 7.0)

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
BNF Tech Inc.

Deployment of ActiveX Conrtrol on Webserver(IIS 7.0)

Post by BNF Tech Inc. » Tue May 04, 2010 9:28 am

Hi,

What is the procedure to Deploy ActiveX Control on IIS Web Server 7.0..??

I have gone through chapter 18 from Tutorial and i have already followed all steps which is specified in Tutorial 18.

But after deployment of website on web server, i am trying to run Activex from client machine, in Information bar i am getting messege to install activex Control on client machine.
But that Information bar shows me to install ActiveX V8 "Evolution"..but i have deployed original version of TeeChar8.cab and TeeChart8.ocx in webserver.

Why its showing me to Install Evolution version of TeeChar8.ocx?

My project is in Deployment phase..so please give me solution as early as possible...

Thanks,
BNF Tech Inc.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deployment of ActiveX Conrtrol on Webserver(IIS 7.0)

Post by Yeray » Tue May 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi BNF Tech Inc,

I suppose you mean "Evaluation" when you say "Evolution" :D

Could you please confirm that you have the Pro version registered and not the evaluation one? I've tried it here with TeeChart ActiveX Pro v8.0.0.8 and I can't see the word evaluation when opening the ASP demo from another computer in the same network (both machines are Win7 so I'm also in IIS 7)

Assuming you have a TeeChart ActiveX Evaluation in your server also installed, I'd suggest you to unregister the TeeChart Evaluation version from the server with the command:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe -u "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Evaluation\Teechart8.ocx"

And register the TeeChart Pro version to the server with the command:
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Control\Teechart8.ocx"
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy