Need help - Transparent Colors in Map Series in V7 Beta

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Bob

Need help - Transparent Colors in Map Series in V7 Beta

Post by Bob » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:33 pm

I am sorry to keep asking this question, but I can't find a way to get transparent colors for the Map series in Version 7 beta. I have looked in the examples and demo and saw no reference to it. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob :oops:

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:17 pm

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry but graduated transparency cannot be applied to Polygons of the MapSeries. But polygons may be set to completely clear in the following way:

Code: Select all

With TChart1.Series(0).asMap.Shapes
  .Polygon(0).Brush.Style = bsCross
  .Polygon(0).ParentBrush = False
End With

Bob

Post by Bob » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:12 pm

Pep,
That didn't work. The " .Polygon(0).Brush.Style = bsCross " is not clear, it is opaque. It completely hides the chart axes and associated axis labels.
Thanks,
Bob

Bob

Post by Bob » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:20 pm

I have tried to work around, by trying to re-draw the axes after the polygon has been filled, but have not been successful. If that worked I would be able to see axes and their associated labels, and the filled polygon would not have to be transparent. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:35 am

Hi Bob,

have you tried using :

Code: Select all

With TChart1.Series(0).asMap.Shapes
    .Polygon(0).Brush.Style = bsClear
    .Polygon(0).ParentBrush = False
    End With
?

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:23 pm

Hey Pep,

Yes, I have tried " .Polygon(0).Brush.Style = bsClear ". The effect it has is to not show any fill pattern or color in the "filled" region". I can see the labels on the axes, but there is no to way to fill the region with cross-hatching or color. Back in my original post, I mentioned that I need to fill (or cross-hatch) a region on the chart that represents a "safe operating region". This safe region is an area bounded by several lines and curves. The "safe region" must show up clearly on the chart (without hiding the axes information). If it is not clear what I am trying to, I can email a chart that shows it.

Thanks,
Bob

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:15 pm

Hi Bob,

at this moment (using the TeeChart Pro AX v7 Beta) you can set a Transparency for the Shapes via Chart Editor (at Series -> Format -> Shapes tab) but still not available at runtime (via code), it will be included for the final release, you will be able to do :
tchart1.Series(0).asMap.Shapes.Polygon.transparency = X

If you still being different what you're trying to do, please post an image example (with reference) into the steema.public.attachments newsgroup please.

Bob

Post by Bob » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:28 pm

Hey Pep,

Thank you very much for helping me through this. I am happy that there will be the ability to make transparent colors for Map series polygons. After your last post, I was able to see the transparency by manually setting it through the design-time editor!!!!!!!!! This is exactly what I need. Unfortunately, the settings at design time will not apply during run-time. The fill color reverts back to a 0% transparency at run-time. I am assuming that I must wait for the final release of version 7 in order for the transparency to work. Please let me know if that is true.

Thanks again,
Bob

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:46 pm

Hi Bob,

yes, you should wait for the final release with which you will be able to set it via code.
>I need. Unfortunately, the settings at design time will not apply during >run-time.
Yes, this happens because you're using Random values.